Help! Something is wrong with my desktop

AussieGAMER

Honorable
Feb 11, 2014
Firstly, I am very sorry if this isn't the appropriate section to post this. I looked and couldn't find a section with PC problems.

Anyway, yesterday, while I was playing Counter Strike Global Offensive, my pc started acting up and my monitor would glitch, freezing the whole computer. I would get a message like csgo.exe was blocked from using the graphics processor or something.
Today I tried cleaning it a bit as it had many files on it but now whenever I try to start it, it just goes into this screen

image_zpse9evpqq5.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Specs of PC
i7-4790
GTX 780 TI
Motherboard: Z97-K
16 Gb corsair ram
Samsung 256 SSD
Hard drive I think is 2 TB western digital or something

I have 2 monitors, they are both samsung s24d300

Thanks

Solution
It is up too you on what GPU to get, make sure you do your research though. The GTX 1060 seems good, 1070 if you dont have a low budget, and 1080 if you want to kick some ass but spend a lot of money. However, you may want to consider looking at AMD's new RX 470, it costs about $200 USD and looks like its kicking some serious ass with its insane price to performance, it packs quite a punch from what I have seen. If you can't find a card to get, create a new thread and ask people what graphics card they think you should get that meets your standards, or go watch some reviews. Cheers man

Mantilized

Reputable
Jul 25, 2015
If you haven't already tried, I suggest trying to remove your graphics card and putting it back in the slot. That may work.

If that doesn't work however, then I hate to break it to you, but your Graphics card is dead, fried, whatever you want to call it, but it probably is not going to work anymore. So your going to have to get a new one, you can still use your computer, just use your onboard graphics, dont expect to be able to game on it though. At least you will get to get something new. I suggest going with a GTX 1060 or a RX 480, since those have a similar price range as the GTX 780TI. Cheers man, and I'm sorry for your loss.

AussieGAMER

Honorable
Feb 11, 2014
By the way, I can get into the Bios, only when I try to go to Windows it happens. I will try to remove and replug the gpu. Is it really reasonable for that expensive gpu to die in 2 years?

Mantilized

Reputable
Jul 25, 2015
I honestly don't think it is reasonable for a GPU like the 780TI to just die out after 2 years. Most GPU's stay good for up to about 10 years and even higher. Where talking 2006 era cards, keep in mind you have to take very good care of it, but also imagine how long a GPU from today could last. But some traits and factors can cut into why your GPU died. If you ever overclocked your GPU for long strands of time or very frequently, that may reduce you GPU's life span, other factors like your GPU always being under higher temps or under high HEAT frequently are also a common factor, other things could tie in too, beside those factors though, I really have no Idea why your graphics card died so quickly. My recommendation to why your Graphics card may have died out so quickly is to research it, make a new thread, maybe search up 780Ti lifespans and what a causes GPU'S lifespan to be shortened. Cheers

AussieGAMER

Honorable
Feb 11, 2014
Alright thanks man, yea it seems really weird to me that it died if it died. I haven't tried to take it out and put it back in but I will. If it doesn't work I will close the thread

Mantilized

Reputable
Jul 25, 2015
Sounds good. Once again, I am sorry for your loss lol. But its always exciting to shop for something new and powerful, just make sure you put a lot of research into it before you buy it.

Update: One more check, make sure it wasn't your power supply (PSU). Remove your GPU and when you do, boot up windows using onboard graphics, if it doesnt start, it could possibly be like a software problem or something may be wrong with Windows, which you may need re-install. Or, well, your power supply may have gotten weak and degraded overtime and eventually died. Which could have fried your graphics card. Either that or your GPU is still intact and fine and your PSU is just screwed. Could you by any chance tell me what you Power supply is, if it is gold plus, and how long you have had it?

I am going to sleep also, it is 4:00 A.M where I live, so I may not get this post until tomorrow.

AussieGAMER

Honorable
Feb 11, 2014
Ok so I removed the graphics card and it loaded fine, no display glitches, however it showed me a message about restarting my PC and then it would reinstall Windows, so I pressed ok, the PC restarted, but the same message kept coming up. My power supply is a Corsair CMPSU CS750M 80+ (that's what it says on the receipt). Tomorrow, I will take it to the guy that built it for me and see if he can fix the problem, but still post what you think. Thanks man

Mantilized

Reputable
Jul 25, 2015
Ok, so lemme ask you something. When ever you restart, your PC notifies you that it is reinstalling windows. Have you seen the reinstallation screen start after your PC restarts? I had to reinstall Windows 10 once on my PC for a similar graphics problem , and the reinstall screen looks something like this

FileDownloadHandler.ashx

Has a screen similar to this shown at all? And if so, when it finishes re-installing, does it ask you to re-install again? Cheers, hopefully my question didn't sound to confusing, I really don't know how else to put it.

AussieGAMER

Honorable
Feb 11, 2014
I don't think it starts re installing at all. I haven't seen that screen at all. I even left it on for 3 hours with the message to see if it was downloading something and nothing
happened. Actually I think the message that it shows is "Windows failed installing. Press ok to restart the computer and restart the Windows installation." I press ok and the same message pops up

AussieGAMER

Honorable
Feb 11, 2014
By the way, the message pops up when I take out my GPU and try to open the PC with onboard graphics. When I try to open the PC with the 780 ti it simply glitches out and doesn't open

Mantilized

Reputable
Jul 25, 2015
Well. I'm Sorry man, I really have no idea what else to tell you. Your best bets are trying to create a new thread under a different section like Windows or something and stating the problem you are currently having and troubleshooting/looking up the problems you are currently experiencing online, you may be able to fix it there. Does the guy who built your PC have any idea whats up?

AussieGAMER

Honorable
Feb 11, 2014
I actually contacted him and will be taking the PC to him sometime this week and he will diagnose it and suggest some potential solutions. If it is a new GPU would you suggest a 1060?

Mantilized

Reputable
Jul 25, 2015
It is up too you on what GPU to get, make sure you do your research though. The GTX 1060 seems good, 1070 if you dont have a low budget, and 1080 if you want to kick some ass but spend a lot of money. However, you may want to consider looking at AMD's new RX 470, it costs about $200 USD and looks like its kicking some serious ass with its insane price to performance, it packs quite a punch from what I have seen. If you can't find a card to get, create a new thread and ask people what graphics card they think you should get that meets your standards, or go watch some reviews. Cheers man

Solution