Question Help to build upgrade to Highend AMD

Mar 12, 2023
Approximate Purchase Date: this week

Budget Range:3000 euros

System Usage from Most to Least Important:
CAD/CAM software, Games watching movies

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: CPU Motherboard , RAM, Cooler , Graphics Card. PSU i have a HX850 corsair ( with 6 years)

Do you need to buy OS: No
Please note that if you're using an OEM license of Windows, you will need a new one when buying a new motherboard.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts:
amazon im buying in Europe

Location: City, State/Region, Country - we need to know where these parts are being assembled and whether there are good store-only deals available

Parts Preferences: by brand or type (e.g.: I would like to upgrade to Intel CPU)

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: No

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Just upgrading keeping my old system just for work.

These are the parts i thought of buying

AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D 4.4GHz/5.6GHz
Corsair iCUE H115i RGB ELITE Liquid Kit de Refrigeração Líquida
ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-E GAMING WIFI DDR5
Samsung 990 PRO 1TB SSD PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2
Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT Gaming 20GB GDDR6
VENGEANCE® RGB 64GB (2x32GB) DDR5 DRAM 5600MT/s C36 Memory Kit — Optimized for AMD

klavs

Proper
Feb 27, 2023
  • Make sure to upgrade the firmware on the Samsung 990 PRO to the latest firmware, preferably on a system where it isn't the primary disk.
  • If you want liquid cooling, I would get a cooler with a larger radiator.
  • I would also get a newer PSU.

Reactions: tiagomiguelmarques
Mar 12, 2023
  • Make sure to upgrade the firmware on the Samsung 990 PRO to the latest firmware, preferably on a system where it isn't the primary disk.
  • If you want liquid cooling, I would get a cooler with a larger radiator.
  • I would also get a newer PSU.

Any recomendations i can change the Samsung for another one i read about the problems . PSU also any good recomendations.

klavs

Proper
Feb 27, 2023
Any recomendations i can change the Samsung for another one i read about the problems . PSU also any good recomendations.

I would still buy the 990 Pro, because it seems they got it sorted with the new firmware AND you can get it cheap at some stores, I assume because of the bad press. Otherwise maybe buy the WD BLACK SN850X .

PSU also any good recomendations.
I would go for the Seasonic Prime PX Platinum, but I haven't calculated the power usage for your system under load, so I don't know if you should get the 750W, 850W or 1000W. Note that the 750W is 140 mm (L) and the 850W or 1000W is 170 mm (L).

I might also go for an Nvidia GPU instead, if you are into video encoding or ray tracing. I may be wrong, but it is also my impression that the AMD GPU requires more power than the corresponding 4000 series Nividia GPU.

And of course make sure all your components are compatible.

Last edited: