[SOLVED] Help weird cpu installation

Jan 18, 2021
So I'm a very complete beginner when it comes to computers and i tried to install my cpu, first i place it in but it didnt go into the sockets properly so i kinda moved it a bit and it dropped in and made a noise. Then i saw there was a fingerprint on it so i wiped it down with isopropyl alcohol did i just reck my new 3700x?

Solution
Ryzens go in with their print/logo rotated 90 degrees, logo legible/rightside up when the faceplate is facing you, which is kind of ...odd.

In any event, as long as you were not pushing on it and bending anything until it was lined up correctly, and it dropped in when oriented correctly, it should not be an issue. Wiped off prints are fine....

Next step is getting it assembled and getting a good POST from it! (naturally , 3700X requires a GPU inserted to get any video, as you are aware)

Good luck!
Ryzens go in with their print/logo rotated 90 degrees, logo legible/rightside up when the faceplate is facing you, which is kind of ...odd.

In any event, as long as you were not pushing on it and bending anything until it was lined up correctly, and it dropped in when oriented correctly, it should not be an issue. Wiped off prints are fine....

Next step is getting it assembled and getting a good POST from it! (naturally , 3700X requires a GPU inserted to get any video, as you are aware)

Good luck!

Solution
Jan 18, 2021

Good luck!
I guess ill see