*HELP* Windows 8.1 Kernel Power CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_ERROR

Dec 25, 2013
Hey everyone, I have been getting this blue screen error on my Windows 8.1 Desktop computer for a few days now and have no clue how to fix it! It began doing this when I changed my room around. Which I shut down my computer through the proper way and then unplugged my computer from the wall and moved everything. I do remember before I rearranged my room I do remember having to restart my PC for both an update from AVG and Roxio Game Capture HD PRO recording software. I never did restart right away so maybe this has some part of the issue? I'm not entirely sure. I do remember my computer's light around the power button glowing on and off before I unplugged it. Maybe it was doing something for me to get this error? I looked up everything I could find about this and haven't had any luck for a fix! My computer crashes with a blue screen error with a big sad face and at the bottom said CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_ERROR. I searched around a bit and eventually checked my event viewer and it appears that I have a Kernel Power 41 Task 63 Error. It says "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." Does anyone have any info for what I could do to fix this? I can't play anything or do any school work since my PC crashes ever 20-40 minutes. If you guys need my system specs I can't remember everything specifically but if it is needed (like say if it is my power supply or something) then let me know and I'll post them once I get home. I don't think I am overclocking my card or anything. But I am not sure where to go to check that to be sure. Again, if anyone has any help at all at what I can do to fix this that'd be awesome! Thank you guys in advance!

Solution
Well, that won't work if it's a hardware issue however, unless you had monkeys moving your computer the likelihood of something becoming "loose" seems very low. To my experience it seems very likely that the computer was unplugged in the middle of an ongoing operation which is the cause of your problem and quite often this results in an unrecoverable file system. I'd probably try to perform a repair first, as listed here:

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/26095-repair-install-windows-8-a.html

and if that does not resolve the issue then try a renew or reset as shown here but you will have to reinstall your applications afterwards as they will be removed. Files and folder should remain intact with refresh, removed with renew...
Dec 25, 2013

Thanks for the suggestion. But sadly i already tried this and hasn't helped by any means. I've tried practacly everything. Maybe as i was moving it, something became loose inside the system. That is the only thing I haven't checked and seems the most likely. Most people are saying it has to be a hardware issue. I don't trust myself to take every part of my computer apart and then put it back together so I'll just bring it into a computer place to get it fixed of it comes down to it. Have any other suggestions? Maybe reinstalling Windows 8.1 ot factory resetting would work? Thanks for the suggestion though!

Well, that won't work if it's a hardware issue however, unless you had monkeys moving your computer the likelihood of something becoming "loose" seems very low. To my experience it seems very likely that the computer was unplugged in the middle of an ongoing operation which is the cause of your problem and quite often this results in an unrecoverable file system. I'd probably try to perform a repair first, as listed here:

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/26095-repair-install-windows-8-a.html

and if that does not resolve the issue then try a renew or reset as shown here but you will have to reinstall your applications afterwards as they will be removed. Files and folder should remain intact with refresh, removed with renew.:
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/2293-refresh-windows-8-a.html

Solution
Dec 25, 2013

Okay I'll try those when I get home later! I'll let you know if these work!