Help with 9500 gt

jimmy 5-0

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
i have a aasus m2n68-LA mother board, a AMD Athalon x64 6000+ 3.00 GH processor, a nvidia geforce 9500 gt graphics card. 6 gigs ram. diamond sound card 5.1.
after installing drivers from offical nvidia website, halfway during the startup process, i get a blue screen error. then once it reboots it tells me it did that because of a recent hardware change, so what i would like to know is first of all are these systems compatable? secondly, i would like to know if anyone has expierenced this problem and how they fixed. and lastly, i do not know much about computers so that might actually be part of the problem lol. going back to the problem, the computer will not fully start up until i go to bios and swap to the onboard graphics card. comments appriechated thx.

Jim

jimmy 5-0

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
mouse monkey no i havent triede wat u suggested. deffentetly give it a try. evon i have tried wat u suggested. every time i do wat u suggest, i wind up having to restore the computer to a earlier point in time so it undoes the uninstall. power supply is generic i believe. needless to say idk wat the name of it is. i do no it is a 450 watt power supply.

jimmy 5-0

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
here is some more information for you guys to work with. i cannot run on the 9500 gt, but when i switch back to the onboard nforce 6150se vga the comp works fine. i am thinking two possibilities. either mobo and graphics card not compatible, or graphics card is faulty. if anyone can come up with other solutions to my problem, it would be greatly appreateated. thx