Help with a New Graphics Card [No SLI/Crossfire]

pitchingace88

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I have :
XFX GS250XYDFC GeForce GTS
750W power supply
Intel Core i5 750 Processor - 2.66GHz Quad Core
Asus P7P55D LE Motherboard - Intel P55, Socket LGA1156, Core i5, 2133MHz, DDR3 [This current one doesn't support SLI/Crossfire :(]
4 Gb DDR3 Ram

What I want:
I currently produce videos on youtube that showcase me playing a video game. Recording with fraps has become difficult in the better games in the highest resolution. My current card cost me 125. I would like one that allows me to play games on a high resolution without skipping frame rates

What I would like to know:
If upgrading my video card would solve my issue?

What would be the best video car?

What I'm willing to spend [anywhere from the 200-300 dollar range]

I got some help building my computer 1.5 years ago, but I was just starting
and now that I'm producing higher quality I would like to invest in a more powerful graphics card

Solution
The HD6950 has the performance edge over the GTX560Ti but the GTX does not have to be a lot cheaper to get the performance/price edge. To select between them it is best to look at individual game bench marks and pick the one that score best in your favorite titles. Few games tested here http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_560_Twin_Frozr_II/

pitchingace88

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Thanks for the responses, I know it always seems to be a preference from Radeon to nVidia.

What seems to be your feelings towards them because you seem to be more knowledgable about this. Researching I was thinking HD6950

The HD6950 has the performance edge over the GTX560Ti but the GTX does not have to be a lot cheaper to get the performance/price edge. To select between them it is best to look at individual game bench marks and pick the one that score best in your favorite titles. Few games tested here http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_560_Twin_Frozr_II/

Solution

pitchingace88

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Monitor resolution is 1980x1080

The HD6950 and the GTX560Ti seem to be roughly the same after comparisons other than the GTX560Ti seems to have some defective cards.

I am probably leaning towards the HD6950, but there are so many versions. Plus the sapphire is only 230 on amazon after rebates. I was willing to go up to 300 but if this card can give me the performance I need I think I should just stick with this.

Any thoughts... Plus should I wait till black friday or with a card like this is it not going to drop. I know TV's and other electronics can drop but they normally just put the crappy electronics on their specials