Help with acrylic tubing water cooling

nb7760

Reputable
Jan 5, 2015
Hi guys, I'm thinking of adding an acrylic (hard) tubing water cooling loop to my current build. It'll be my first time doing a custom water cooling loop, so I need a little bit of advice. I'm stuck as to how I would connect all of it and alight the tubing/fittings without bending the tubing, as I'm not quite ready for that yet. Would I just have to use a bunch of 90 degree fittings?
500x1000px-LL-0a4a360a_DSC_0066.jpeg
How did this guy manage to connect his CPU to his top radiator and get the fittings to align perfectly without using 90 degree joints? My main questions is how people manage to get tubing and fittings to align perfectly without using a bunch of joints.

*Edit* I might try bending the tubing if it'll save me from having to buy a bunch of 90 degree joints to align the tubing. However, I don't have a heat gun and I don't want to spend more money buying one. Would a gas grill or hairdryer work as an alternative?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Solution
The fittings going from the CPU to radiator are 45 degree fittings.
An electric stove top/ portable hot plate etc... can be used to heat the tubing for bending but you have to be careful and practice. Too close and you cause blisters on the exterior an too little and it cools too fast to make your bends.
The fittings going from the CPU to radiator are 45 degree fittings.
An electric stove top/ portable hot plate etc... can be used to heat the tubing for bending but you have to be careful and practice. Too close and you cause blisters on the exterior an too little and it cools too fast to make your bends.

Solution

nb7760

Reputable
Jan 5, 2015

Therefore would it be possible to connect any two threads using a single piece of tubing with 45 degree rotaries, provided thta they are on intersecting planes? What I mean is that suppose this guy's CPU block was shifted 1 cm to the right of where it is in the photo. Would he still be able to connect the two with a longer piece of tubing and the same 45 degree rotaries, or do the threads have to be a specific distance and angle from each other for the rotaries to align? I'm just a bit confused with the geometry stuff and the rotaries and how exactly would I be able to connect two threads with as little pieces of tubing, fittings, and joints as possible. Thanks.