Help with dsr resolution.

brandxbeer

Honorable
Oct 13, 2014
I'm trying to get dsr to properly work. Im fully aware of how to turn it on and change resolutions in game. The issue I have is all the resolution it gives me to choose from all have a stretched out look. Im trying to mostly run 5k.
5K should be 5120 × 2880, but that number doesn't come up at all. I'm not at my pc at the moment but there are around 3 different 5XXX x XXXX resolutions to choose from, but like I said, they are all stretched out.
I have it hooked up to a 4k sony bravia xbr 850c tv with nvidia gtx 1080ti.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Why are you trying to run 5K DSR? The GTX 1080 Ti (or any any other card available today) isn't really powerful enough for 5K gaming, and from what I've heard DSR is largely useless for desktop use i.e. internet browsing or whatever. (or can even make things looks kinda blurry).

brandxbeer

Honorable
Oct 13, 2014

Actually with certain games the 1080 ti is more than powerful enough for 5k (Doom, overwatch, dark souls 3, MGS). Anyways I've used dsr with 980 sli and it does work and does improve. For some reason it isn't working anymore.

brandxbeer

Honorable
Oct 13, 2014

My tv goes up 4096 x 2160. I know my tv can't physically run at a higher resolution DSR simulates a higher resolution. If you combine it with games that have super sampling you can simulate much higher resolutions.
It's not so much to play games with as more of doing experiments with settings. But some games use dsr very well and looks amazing.

WildCard999

Titan
@TJ Hooker, While I agree it's pointless for desktop it does make a big difference in some games. Biggest improvement I've seen is in anime games such as Naruto and DBZ:Xenoverse.

@brandxbeer, try checking off (enabling) all the DSR options in Nvidia Control Panel and see if that option shows up. Also make sure you have the newest Nvidia driver for that card.

One thing I've noticed is every time I've updated my Nvidia drivers it resets my DSR options in Nvidia Control Panel.

WildCard999

Titan
I think I may of figured out why your not getting that resolution. When you check the specs of the card it usually will tell you if the card supports DSR (it does under the 980ti) but with the specs of the 1080 ti it's not there so maybe as of now it doesn't support DSR.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/10series/geforce-gtx-1080-ti/
I would think a future driver update would fix this.

brandxbeer

Honorable
Oct 13, 2014

I have all the boxes checked off. I can increase the resolutions in game but they just don't seem to be the proper resolutions for 16:9 aspect ratio