Help with Fax Console setup

I tried sending a fax using the XP Fax Console wizard. When it asked me
for the recipient, I entered it and the fax number in the fax number
fields, incl. the area code. Somehow the fax number and area code then
appeared in the Contacts' window as the default email address. How can
this be? I did enter it in the fax/phone number fields for the
recipient, not in the email field.

Now when I attempt to send the fax, the phone number dialed rings but
doesn't connect. Instead, I hear the shrill signal at the other end that
the number is either incorrect or wrong...I just can't hear the recorded
message at the other end to know what the problem is. I tried sending
the same fax to 2 other numbers, as a test, and the same thing happened.

Does this have something to do with the fax number appearing in the
default email field after completing the wizard?

BTW, I'm pretty sure I set up the dialing rules appropriately, so that
all prefixes within my area code trigger the *,70 and the phone number
only, whereas those considered LD in other area codes trigger the *,70,
then "1" plus the area code and phone number. Really confused...

Help?

--
Paul R
-------------------------------

State which address book you are using.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
> State which address book you are using.

Funny you shuld ask...I looked to establish an address book *before* I
even sent out the first fax, while configuring the console. I never
found the option to create one, whether called an address book or
contacts. All that I was able to do was create a fax and then use the
wizard to send it to the recipient I addressed.

How do I find the blank address book so I can add all my contacts to it
before sending out any faxes?

--
Paul R
-------------------------------

It all happens behind the scenes: If you install Outlook, you'll be using
the Outlook Address Book. If not, you'll be using the Windows Address Book.
--
> Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
> > State which address book you are using.
> >

> Funny you shuld ask...I looked to establish an address book *before* I
> even sent out the first fax, while configuring the console. I never
> found the option to create one, whether called an address book or
> contacts. All that I was able to do was create a fax and then use the
> wizard to send it to the recipient I addressed.
>
> How do I find the blank address book so I can add all my contacts to it
> before sending out any faxes?
>
> --
> Paul R
> -------------------------------
> For email reply, please remove 195

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
> It all happens behind the scenes: If you install Outlook, you'll be using
> the Outlook Address Book. If not, you'll be using the Windows Address Book.

OK, I'm using the Win address book then...

--
Paul R
-------------------------------

Fax numbers are electronic addresses, so that's where they should be stored.
It appears that either your phone number format or your dialing rules are
not set correctly. If you need to use dialing rules, be sure you store your
fax number in International format.
--
> Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
> > It all happens behind the scenes: If you install Outlook, you'll be
using
> > the Outlook Address Book. If not, you'll be using the Windows Address
Book.

> OK, I'm using the Win address book then...
>
> --
> Paul R
> For email reply, please remove 195

TRENDING THREADS