Help with gaming PC upgrade

CErickson1999

Reputable
Feb 16, 2014
So I'm a little confused at the moment. I'm looking around on the internet for games that my PC could play. I've looked at the specs for these games like BF4, Shadow of Mordor, Gta V and I surpass all of the reccomended and ultra requirements. Right now I'm playing some games and I see that the fps I'm getting isn't what's expected, I get around 60 fps on World of Tanks on maximum, 70fps on War thunder on maximum. I looked up my GPU + CPU and people are saying it can run BF4, Shadow of Mordor on ultra no problem at like 70 fps. I'm scared that I've wasted my money on my rig when I'm getting bad performance on low end games.

Here's what I have now:

MB: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
CPU: AMD FX 8350
RAM: 12GB 1333
GPU: GeForce GTX 760 4GB Wind force
PSU: 750w from EVGA
Hard drive: 500GB Barracuda from Seagate

I think it might just be my motherboard that is slowing me down so I've looked up some and here's what I've found that I'm pretty sure will enhance the performance of my rig:

GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

I'm staying with the AM3+ socket. If anyone has any suggestions I'm open to them besides the socket type.

Solution
honestly my self i use intel for cad. however if your changing a motherboard I would go with a different brand entirely (keep the same socket).
i don't necessarily see how a motherboard would make that much of an fps different. make shore your card is in a Pcie 3.0 x16 slot not a Pcie 2.0 x16 slot and run a program like cinebench to see how you rig stacks up against what it should produce.
My Amd Radeon HD7770 2GB got 87.22 For comparrison

h2tahoe

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015
honestly my self i use intel for cad. however if your changing a motherboard I would go with a different brand entirely (keep the same socket).
i don't necessarily see how a motherboard would make that much of an fps different. make shore your card is in a Pcie 3.0 x16 slot not a Pcie 2.0 x16 slot and run a program like cinebench to see how you rig stacks up against what it should produce.
My Amd Radeon HD7770 2GB got 87.22 For comparrison

Solution