Question Help with GTX 1660 fan curve

Andrew 3584

Honorable
May 23, 2017
Hi, I had created a custom fan curve for my gpu fans so that when the temp falls below 50, the card will stop the fans. i think passively cooled the gpu runs around 52-4 celcius with no heavy load.

Some reason, when the temperature is between 49-50, the fans would ramp up and switch off and repeat a couple times

I think someone said that happens when there isnt enought pwm signal or something but I made the fan curve either 0% or 25% for the first temperature node thing so that shouldnt be happening?

I prefer to run the fans off at idle to preserve the fan condition/health and reduce the dust buildup as it will be a pain to open up the card.

Can anyone suggest a better fan curve, much appreciated.

View: https://imgur.com/OGul2cf

fan speed update is set to 5 seconds so if u hover at 50C, every 5 seconds it ramps up (as force fan speed is forced to do so)
25% is minimum your fan allows to run? if not, try to reduce it slightly

anyway
50C set zero
55C set your minimum fan speed
60C next
70C next
80C should be last point

here looks mine if interrested
NhHujtI.jpg

mine watercooled temps:
35C idle
~45С gaming
60C stress test

Andrew 3584

Honorable
May 23, 2017
fan speed update is set to 5 seconds so if u hover at 50C, every 5 seconds it ramps up (as force fan speed is forced to do so)

anyway
50C set zero
60C next
70C next
80C should be last point
Ty for the detailed response, I'll have a go at your recommended settings tomorrow morning.

I'm pretty sure my fan speed can go lower, probably the force fan update option you talked about was causing the issue.

Andrew 3584

Honorable
May 23, 2017

anyway
50C set zero
60C next
70C next
80C should be last point
I set a fan curve similar to what you recommended interms of settings and temp points, the problem is still when the temp of the card is at the first node point it just ramps up then down and repeats it self.
I honestly dont think the card is follow the msi fan curve sometimes, defaulting it self to some stock one maybe.

May 9, 2020
Hey! I’m facing the same issue with my 1660. It looks like when start below 37% 38% fan speed these are constantly speeding rpm up and down to 0.

I think this will damage the fans...

Have you solved the problem or fixed somehow?