Question Help with Insane stuttering in games.

Apr 9, 2021
So lately I have been getting a lot of stutters in games, mainly GTA V, Warzone, and Far Cry New Dawn. (been happening for a whole, but it's got tenser recently)
games like Rainbow Six, CS:GO and VALORANT run just fine (small micro-stutters that won't do much, but sometimes is annoying.)

I am not sure what the issue is but, first things first, here are my specs:

GPU: Asus GTX 1660 Super 6GB Dual Mini
CPU: i3-10100F 3.6GHz 4C-8T
RAM: Lexar 1x8GB DDR4 2666MHz
Mobo: Gigabyte H410M H
PSU: Corsair CV650 80+ Bronze
SSD: Kingston A400 480GB (Windows)
HDD: Seagate 2TB (Games + Work)
CPU Cooler: Stock Intel Cooler

All games are running at 1080p 75Hz

When running GTA V, CPU Usage is at 40% and GPU is also at 40% and the game takes about 3GB Ram + Windows and other apps 3-4GB = 6-7GB Ram
and my Fps is at 60-80 MAX AND LOW which is not right, I should be getting 120+ as I have seen on YouTube benchmarks and the fact that I was getting better fps on an i5-4460 with a GT 1030 and 4GB RAM.

Temps are okay and no thermal throttling. I am not sure what the issue is here.

nZilOcP.jpg

This is my current usages and temps in GTA V, as you can see my FPS is 63. (This is the lowest settings at 1080p)
I have Discord, TeamSpeak, Steam, Epic Games, Rockstar Games, and VibranceGUI open, nothing else. (closing them doesn't change a thing.)

Stuttering begins to happen after about 5 minutes into the game. Freezes can be up to 10 seconds. and A LOT of micro stutters. (it's unplayable)

CPU is not the bottleneck, this CPU should be able to run cyberpunk at Ultra at 60fps just fine. And I am playing GTA V at the lowest settings. So I am sure the CPU is doing more than fine.

I am not sure what to do, so if someone can guide me through benchmarking or maybe stress testing to see my issue, that would be awesome.

NOTE: I want to point out that I was never getting stutters before (only recently), but I was still getting low fps.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Hard to say without knowing more. It might be helpful of you to run a UserBenchmark and post the result here.
My own suspicions lie in two places. I think you have a lot of background process going, and that that along with the one stick of RAM/page file due to RAM usage are are culminating to cause the performance issue(s).
I would also ask how full your storage drive is? Run something like disk mark, or even check the health of the HDD where you have the games stored.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Apr 9, 2021
Hard to say without knowing more. It might be helpful of you to run a UserBenchmark and post the result here.
My own suspicions lie in two places. I think you have a lot of background process going, and that that along with the one stick of RAM/page file due to RAM usage are are culminating to cause the performance issue(s).
I would also ask how full your storage drive is? Run something like disk mark, or even check the health of the HDD where you have the games stored.

I will run UserBenchmark and post it here in a few minutes, I am running Windows Server 2019 and barely anything is running in the background, the page file is 16000MB on C drive and D drive, my 2TB drive has 500gbs remaining, it runs well. quick question, would defragmenting fix any issues?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I will run UserBenchmark and post it here in a few minutes, I am running Windows Server 2019 and barely anything is running in the background, the page file is 16000MB on C drive and D drive, my 2TB drive has 500gbs remaining, it runs well. quick question, would defragmenting fix any issues?

Windows will typically run "optimize drives" on it's own. You can go check the fragmentation and health of your drives in a super simple view within Windows.

TRENDING THREADS