[SOLVED] Help with M.2 cloning error

Dec 5, 2019
I have a Intel 600p m.2 NVMe SSD 1TB. I began cloning using Partition Wizard to a Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB m.2 NVMe SSD. I selected "Fit partitions to entire disk", which I have now read that it is better to "copy partitions without resising" and partition the unallocated space later. During the copying process the error came up "failed to write to disk error 55...." is the new Adata m.2 faulty?

When I plug in the enclosure Microsoft acknowledges it with a sound and recognises it as a device, but not a storage device. In computer manager it is not listed under storage only as device manager>Disk drives, and it now is listed by the name of the enclosure when previously I believe that it might have been listed as the Adata ......

I am under the impression that I need to reformat the Adata SSD and try again, but I can't find the SSD to be able to do this.

I am very in experienced so I would greatly appreciate as much detail as possible in any solution suggestions.

Thanks in advance

TAG-L

Solution
Yes it's better to clone w/o resize and then just extend the partition later.
could be the AData is DOA or failed either due to heat or defect.

If you have a WD hard drive or SSD an easier way to do this is to use Acronis to backup the Intel 660p to an image and restore it to the AData. (Acronis is also free for Crucial owners and also a full version can be downloaded/used for 30-days free) - simplest is to backup to an external WD HDD and the restore to the new SSD using their restore disk/USB and the external.

as for reformatting:
You can remove the Intel SSD from your m.2 slot and put the AData in that slot.

It should be recognized in bios on reboot and you can either re-initialize it with a partition utility via CD or USB...
Dec 5, 2019
Ru0swHb.jpg

eLU51mJ.jpg

JCY9yqn.jpg

Thats what comes up when I try to clone. when I unplugged the enclosure the errors keep coming, so I had to force shutdown and when restarted the intel is working as usual but when plugging in the enclosure again the Adata m.2 becomes unrecognised. In computer manager it is not listed under storage only as device manager>Disk drives.

How do you reformat the M.2 SSD when it isn't being recognised as a storage device?

Thanks

Tom

Yes it's better to clone w/o resize and then just extend the partition later.
could be the AData is DOA or failed either due to heat or defect.

If you have a WD hard drive or SSD an easier way to do this is to use Acronis to backup the Intel 660p to an image and restore it to the AData. (Acronis is also free for Crucial owners and also a full version can be downloaded/used for 30-days free) - simplest is to backup to an external WD HDD and the restore to the new SSD using their restore disk/USB and the external.

as for reformatting:
You can remove the Intel SSD from your m.2 slot and put the AData in that slot.

It should be recognized in bios on reboot and you can either re-initialize it with a partition utility via CD or USB repair tool.
AData may also supply a secure-erase utility.

I have a Intel 600p m.2 NVMe SSD 1TB. I began cloning using Partition Wizard to a Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB m.2 NVMe SSD. I selected "Fit partitions to entire disk", which I have now read that it is better to "copy partitions without resising" and partition the unallocated space later. During the copying process the error came up "failed to write to disk error 55...." is the new Adata m.2 faulty?

When I plug in the enclosure Microsoft acknowledges it with a sound and recognises it as a device, but not a storage device. In computer manager it is not listed under storage only as device manager>Disk drives, and it now is listed by the name of the enclosure when previously I believe that it might have been listed as the Adata ......

I am under the impression that I need to reformat the Adata SSD and try again, but I can't find the SSD to be able to do this.

I am very in experienced so I would greatly appreciate as much detail as possible in any solution suggestions.

Thanks in advance

TAG-L

Solution