[SOLVED] Help with mouse issue?

512-Bit

Reputable
Apr 17, 2019
hello,
basically what happens is, sometimes, my mouse has what seems to be having lag issues when playing roblox. My mouse sometimes has a delayed response to my movement, or no response at all. I've tried lowering the graphics quality and not going fullscreen, but that hasn't helped me much.
Any help would be appreciated

also, my overall average fps has also dropped from usually 120 to about 70-60
Game: Phantom forces

Please don't create multiple threads on the same topic.
That includes cross-posting as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Avoid the website for a few days - just to start troubleshooting via elimination.

Disable that script for a few days to determine if that makes a difference.

Look in Task Manager for other unnecessary or unexpected apps, etc. that may be causing some conflict with the mouse.

Reliability History may be capturing some related event or activity corresponding to the mouse lags.

512-Bit

Reputable
Apr 17, 2019
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Make and model mouse?

Do the problems (delayed mouse response and drop in average fps) only occur in games?

Processor: R5 2600
16 GB RAM
GTX 1660 Ti GPU
Seasonic 550 watt gold rated, fully modular
everything in this pc is about half, if not a year old. I built it last summer.
I did, however update the graphics drivers a while ago and the fps/mouse lag seems to has gone down a bit.
my mouse is a corsair harpoon RGB
and yes, this does only happen in games.

I leave my pc on 24/7 on roblox and an ad website if that helps give you information,

Ralston18

Titan
Why the ad website?

No problem per se with leaving the pc on 24/7 but remember that updates often require restarts in order for the update to become effective.

With a 5 - 6 month old pc, it is probably time to power down, unplug, open the case and clean out dust and debris.

Especially if the pc has been on all that time.

Then reseat all cards, connectors, RAM, jumpers to ensure all are fully and firmly in place.

Start using Task Manager and Resource Monitor (one at a time) to observe system performance.

Observe performance while not gaming and again while gaming. Look for some change in resource use that corresponds with the performance drops.

512-Bit

Reputable
Apr 17, 2019
Why the ad website?

No problem per se with leaving the pc on 24/7 but remember that updates often require restarts in order for the update to become effective.

With a 5 - 6 month old pc, it is probably time to power down, unplug, open the case and clean out dust and debris.

Especially if the pc has been on all that time.

Then reseat all cards, connectors, RAM, jumpers to ensure all are fully and firmly in place.

Start using Task Manager and Resource Monitor (one at a time) to observe system performance.

Observe performance while not gaming and again while gaming. Look for some change in resource use that corresponds with the performance drops.

The ad website is or points i can use for free game items.
Thanks for the help.

Ralston18

Titan
Ad website URL?

Do you truly benefit from that website?

Do they require you to download "things" or click buttons to prove that you are actively watching?

Have you set up some automated mouse responses that run in the background?

Point being that if just being connected to a website 24/7 was all that was necessary then it becomes all too easy for everyone to do as you do to gain the "benefits" or points.

The website must be getting something out of the deal - they need to prove to their advertisers/sponsors that website visitors are truly seeing and reading the ads.

512-Bit

Reputable
Apr 17, 2019
Ad website URL?

Do you truly benefit from that website?

Do they require you to download "things" or click buttons to prove that you are actively watching?

Have you set up some automated mouse responses that run in the background?

Point being that if just being connected to a website 24/7 was all that was necessary then it becomes all too easy for everyone to do as you do to gain the "benefits" or points.

The website must be getting something out of the deal - they need to prove to their advertisers/sponsors that website visitors are truly seeing and reading the ads.
The website is https://hideout.co/
no download/extensions are required for the website, however, once in a while, you need to complete a catchpa to continue watching, this is im guessing, to prevent others from leaving the website running 24/7

I have a script that spams the WSASD keys running in the background to prevent the game i run from disconnecting me for being AFK, but thats about it.

Ralston18

Titan
Avoid the website for a few days - just to start troubleshooting via elimination.

Look in Task Manager for other unnecessary or unexpected apps, etc. that may be causing some conflict with the mouse.

Reliability History may be capturing some related event or activity corresponding to the mouse lags.

Solution

512-Bit

Reputable
Apr 17, 2019

Hi

A few days ago, I updated the graphics card drivers, and windows updated upon restarting the PC, and I haven't had mouse lag, FPS issues since, so I'll be marking this thread as resolved for now...

If issues continue, I will use your advice.
Thanks!