Question Help with ram

Dec 24, 2022
I cant get a hyper fury 8gb ram stick to work in a 970A-G47 motherboard
I know the ram works and that the slots work because i tried them in another rig

The cpu is a FX8350
Please help
If needed i can provide more info

Dec 24, 2022
Did you try all 4 RAM slots with single stick?

That another rig also must have DDR3 RAM in it, which works. Have you tried the other rig's DDR3 RAM in your system?
Yeah, and it works so it has to be something with the stick. Id think the stick is damaged but it works on another mobo

Dec 24, 2022
If RAM DIMMs would be the issue, they wouldn't work on 2nd PC.

More like compatibility issue between your MoBo and that specific RAM. Especially since another set of RAM does work in your PC.

So, either return the RAM and get another one, or swap the RAM with "another rig".
Thats sad considering i was upgrading, so now i gotta go back again.
Just so i know, do you know why they aren’t compatible? The frecuency and size are ok so i dont get it

Dec 24, 2022
Did you consult your MoBo memory QVL list, to know for sure which RAM is guaranteed by MSI to work in your MoBo?

Btw, i looked and couldn't find 970A-G47. What i found, were 970A-G46 and 970A-G43 Plus.
I checked but i didnt find it. Thought was worth to try cause it said that for obvious reasons, not every ram was tested

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Thought was worth to try cause it said that for obvious reasons, not every ram was tested

Yes, MoBo manufacturers can't possibly test each and every DDR3 RAM there is out there. But they test quite a lot and it would be fairly easy to find the RAM listed on memory QVL, on sale. That's what i've done with my builds, since i like to have a guarantee, rather than playing RAM lottery and risking if it works or not.