Help With Rosewill Hard Drive Dock

curt31

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
Hello just bought a new Rosewill Hard Drive Dock RX-DU101. I had two unformatted Hard Drives, one Haitachi 250 gb SATA and a WD Black SATA 750 gb. Well the formatting went smoothly with the Haitachi went into disk management right clicked on on the “Unallocated” block and selected “New Partition” after which the wizard came up and I completed the process. Tried the same process with the new WD 750 Black but it comes up Disk 1 Removable F and then under that it says NO MEDIA and if I right click on it I don't get an option for a New Partition just and option for "Select New Drive Letter and Path". If I click on Properties it says Device is working properly, I don't know if it's referring to the dock or the hard drive. I hear the hard drive and I can feel it spinning apparently something wrong and Rosewill doesn't seem to be any help at all. They just say it's either the dock itself or the hard drive. This particular dock is suppose to be compatible with hard drives up to one TB Jeez any suggestions. Thanks! Very Confused :pfff:

Tom j.

curt31

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
Seems like if I just plug the dock in I get that message Device Is Working Properly so it must be referring to the dock itself and not the drive as I thought. My buddy thinks it's something wrong with the dock although it works and recognizes the Hitachi perfectly. Like I said I hear the WD spinning and I can feel the vibration, any ideas???? I'm at a lost. Thanks :fou:

Tom j.