[SOLVED] Help With Transferring Data

twiistedacid

Prominent
Feb 8, 2019
Hello all! I recently bought $500 worth of pc parts to put together a new computer for my boss. He has a 10 year old computer with 2 mirrored hard drives in it. For the new computer I bought a 250GB SSD and a Terabyte hard drive. I was hoping to put windows onto the SSD and to clone the contents of the old computer to the new hard drive. However I don't think that is going to work. as the OS would clone to the hard drive and the other one on the SSD wouldn't work. any suggestions?

Solution
Do a clean installation, not a clone.
Find an external drive to actually back up his files in case the 2 mirrored drives become a problem, which they can.
Then after the clean install with ONLY the SSD attached, you can attach one of his mirrored drives.

RealBeast

Titan
Find an external drive to actually back up his files in case the 2 mirrored drives become a problem, which they can.
Then after the clean install with ONLY the SSD attached, you can attach one of his mirrored drives.

Solution

twiistedacid

Prominent
Feb 8, 2019
okay, and he would be able to access all of his software as well? would I have to split the drives beforehand and would that mean he can use both computers with the same stuff on them? also wouldnt the mirrored drives already have windows and not be readable with a new OS?