[SOLVED] Help with upgrades

Jul 24, 2020
I have:

1511 socket
Intel Pentium g4600
rx 550

my build sucks right? how do i upgrade this with a strict budget?

Solution
Well, The best cpu you can put in that motherboard is an i7 7700k, which is bad, since a ryzen 3 3300X is the same, and will cost less, even with a motherboard.

Theres no real upgrade path for that pc.
Unless you actually get a good deal on an i7 7700k, but even then, that would close you off for upgrades.

Getting a new gpu will give you much higher performance in some gpu intense games, but might have 0 impact on performance with cpu intense games.

if you just wanna squeeze more performance out of it, get a new gpu.
if you want a better upgrade path for the future, and a little bit of performance today, get a new motherboard and cpu.
(probably a ryzen 3 3100/3300X and a b450/b550 motherboard would be your best bet)
Well, The best cpu you can put in that motherboard is an i7 7700k, which is bad, since a ryzen 3 3300X is the same, and will cost less, even with a motherboard.

Unless you actually get a good deal on an i7 7700k, but even then, that would close you off for upgrades.

Getting a new gpu will give you much higher performance in some gpu intense games, but might have 0 impact on performance with cpu intense games.

if you want a better upgrade path for the future, and a little bit of performance today, get a new motherboard and cpu.
(probably a ryzen 3 3100/3300X and a b450/b550 motherboard would be your best bet)

Reactions: Reizuu
Solution
Jul 24, 2020

Thanks for the advice. since im strict on budget ill buy a new gpu for now.