[SOLVED] Help with using PBO on a X570 Asus tuf mobo

Nov 28, 2019
So I have an X570 Asus tuf mobo paired with a liquid cooled Ryzen 7 2700x. I’m trying to use PBO via bios b/c in Ryzen master PBO says it’s still in future development and all that bs... so I’m very confused on how to enable PBO on here I looked up ways to do it but they all had different settings and it’s a little bit confusing. I would like to have some help on this for the best PBO settings please!
On Ai Tweaker, under Precision Boost Overdrive I have,
-precision boost Overdrive - enabled
-Precision Boos Overdrive Scalar - auto
Max CPU Boost Clock Override - auto
Platform Thermal Throttle Limit - auto

That’s what is currently under my PBO settings and it’s different from what everyone else says to do, plsss help!

Solution
So I have an X570 Asus tuf mobo paired with a liquid cooled Ryzen 7 2700x. I’m trying to use PBO via bios b/c in Ryzen master PBO says it’s still in future development and all that bs... so I’m very confused on how to enable PBO on here I looked up ways to do it but they all had different settings and it’s a little bit confusing. I would like to have some help on this for the best PBO settings please!

That’s what is currently under my PBO settings and it’s different from what everyone else says to do, plsss help!
You can...

You can experiment with "Precision Boos Overdrive Scalar" changing between 1 and 10, that prolongs time max core frequency is boosted but also might make voltage higher during boost.
"Max CPU Boost Clock Override" is probably 200 maximum but you can lower it if your temperatures go too high. On auto it goes as high as possible.
"Platform Thermal Throttle Limit" is 95c but is CPU gets that hot you have another problem, Auto is fine.
PBO works best when core temp doesn't go over 62 - 65c.

Solution

CosmicDance

Notable
Jun 11, 2019
I find that just putting PBO to Auto in the BIOS gives the best performance, temperature and boost speeds.
I don't touch the other PBO related settings.

The Auto setting runs PBO to the limits of your motherboard and CPU.

Andy