[SOLVED] Help with Westinghouse TV (wr43ut4009)

lordodin

Honorable
Apr 23, 2015
Black screen with audio working. Tried unplugging then holding power and also reset with remote. Then unplugged the ribbons from the t-con and put them back.

Now it lights up but no picture just black/backlight. Is the t-con the issue? Thanks.

Solution
I'm not sure why you're singling out the timing controller. While this can cause a black screen, odd lines and patterns are far more common with this problem. Sounds more like a non-specific failure of the main board. Is this still under warranty? That would be the easiest solution.
No warranty.

Figured it out, sort of. Think it's the t-con or a ribbon.

Unplugged the left ribbon leading down from the t-con and got half a picture working. Then used tape to slowly single out pins and it worked.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I'm not sure why you're singling out the timing controller. While this can cause a black screen, odd lines and patterns are far more common with this problem. Sounds more like a non-specific failure of the main board. Is this still under warranty? That would be the easiest solution.

lordodin

Honorable
Apr 23, 2015
No warranty.

Figured it out, sort of. Think it's the t-con or a ribbon.

Unplugged the left ribbon leading down from the t-con and got half a picture working. Then used tape to slowly single out pins and it worked.

Last edited:
Solution