[SOLVED] HELP!!!!!!!

afrobob911

Reputable
Feb 10, 2019
So about a week ago I heard a loud ass rattling noise coming from my pc, I thought it was my psu fan, i was at the time running a channel well 500w 80+ bronze, so i thought to myself well time to get a new psu, so i went to best buy and bought this https://www.bestbuy.com/site/evga-6...us-power-supply-black/8511029.p?skuId=8511029, im currently running a amd ryzen 5 2600, b450 mobo, 16gb ram, and a gtx 1060 6 gb. so when I got home I plugged in the new psu, got everything setup, and went to turn my pc on, it said that I needed to plug in my pci cable to my gpu, which I already did, so I turned my pc off, unplugged the cord and re plugged it, well it worked, so I went about my day, ok so the next day I turn my pc on and it says the same thing, im like WTF MAN, so I re plug and boom works just fine, fast forward to today, I get my pc up and running, I play a few games for a few hours and I decided to go get something to eat from the kitchen, btw my gpu is NOT overclocked, so as im in the kitchen I hear what sounds like a rocket taking off in my room, so I rush in there and see both my monitors off, I left my pc on all apps closed when I went to the kitchen because I was going to get back on, I looked to see where the noise was coming from and it was my gpu, so I quickly turned my pc off. waited 10 min then I turned my pc back on, gpu was fine, not even within 5 min of my pc being on, mind you nothing is running but discord, my monitors cut off and the gpu takes off like a rocket from nasa in 110 degree weather, so I have no idea what to do, should I buy a new psu aka this https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsai...tx-power-supply-black/8324202.p?skuId=8324202 or am I screwed..... FAST FORWARD TO 2 MINUTES TO SEE WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrt77Z1cn2Q&t=2s

Last edited:
Solution
I literally posted in the thread the exact model and the age. Please read a thread fully before commenting.

For some reason, it was not showing the link of the PSU you bought, from my mobile and only when I logged from my PC I could see it. I was trying to help, if you think that I comment without reading your/any post, you are mistaken.

I still believe that it's a power issue regardless of the PSU. I have seen GPUs asking to plug the pci-e power cable before and it was always because it was not fully and firmly installed. If you did some cable management, your cables might not reach fully or/and have great tension.

As I already said, if possible try your card in another PC so we can rule this as a problem of the GPU.
I literally posted in the thread the exact model and the age. Please read a thread fully before commenting.

For some reason, it was not showing the link of the PSU you bought, from my mobile and only when I logged from my PC I could see it. I was trying to help, if you think that I comment without reading your/any post, you are mistaken.

I still believe that it's a power issue regardless of the PSU. I have seen GPUs asking to plug the pci-e power cable before and it was always because it was not fully and firmly installed. If you did some cable management, your cables might not reach fully or/and have great tension.

As I already said, if possible try your card in another PC so we can rule this as a problem of the GPU.

Solution

afrobob911

Reputable
Feb 10, 2019
So the only other gpu I have is a 1050 lol. And it does not require a pci cable. I’m not really sure. Was you able to watch that YouTube video to see the exact same thing mine was doing?

Dominik666-69

Honorable
Nov 27, 2016
Yes I had the exact same GPU (asus white 1060 it's not the exact same but you get it). And yes SAME thing was happening to me. I think I fixed it with MSI Afterburner app. Adjusted Power Limit (%) to like 80-90 and it was fixed! Or if that doesnt work, i DOWN clocked my gpu (in afterburner too) little bit. Memory clock and Core clock to like -30 from default.