[SOLVED] HELP!!!

Nov 26, 2020
I am in a tough place..my daughter has asked for a Levano Legion 5 tower for her gaming. This was BEFORE I was laid off from my job..buying one now is out of the question. Is there an alternative that someone could please recommend?
Please take a moment and help this Mom shopping for something she knows nothing about!
Happy Thanksgiving 🍁

Nov 26, 2020
So she has an Xbox no computer...plays Fortnite, Grand Theft Auto and a VR. She’s 11 and I’m trying to keep it realistic but at the same time she has specs that only she knows about and I don’t want to buy something only to return it blah blah blah.

Adding to what Fix_that_Glitch asked, Do you need a finished system, meaning "unbox and use", or just a good selection of parts to build a PC that will work for the games your daughter play? (games which we don't know yet)

Do you need monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers and/or headset?

Whats your max budget?

What country are you shopping on?

So she has an Xbox no computer...plays Fortnite, Grand Theft Auto and a VR. She’s 11 and I’m trying to keep it realistic but at the same time she has specs that only she knows about and I don’t want to buy something only to return it blah blah blah.

If she have "specs" then please write them down here.

She's 11 ok, Why do she feel she needs a PC?, Please try to share with us why she wants a PC soo bad?, And why a Lenovo Legion 5 (there are several configurations of this tower (https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/deskto...towers/Lenovo-Legion-T5-28IMB05/p/99LE9500351), any one in particular)?

Nov 26, 2020
Adding to what Fix_that_Glitch asked, Do you need a finished system, meaning "unbox and use", or just a good selection of parts to build a PC that will work for the games your daughter play? (games which we don't know yet)

Whats your max budget?

If she have "specs" then please write them down here.

She's 11 ok, Why do she feel she needs a PC?, Please try to share with us why she wants a PC soo bad?, And why a Lenovo Legion 5 (there are several configurations of this tower (https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/deskto...towers/Lenovo-Legion-T5-28IMB05/p/99LE9500351), any one in particular)?

Apparently this pc “works best” with her VR. I have to assume between her best bud, adverts, cousins and gaming online influences is why she thinks the needs one so badly. I did ask her why this certain one and it falls back to “it works best with” I don’t have any specific specs provided by her...and tbh I don’t think SHE has any certain specs except it has to work. Does that make sense?

I don't want to get into your personal life, and sorry to hear your situation. But If she has an xbox she is already set to play her games no offense. Times are tough, having said that, there a many many used computers with great gaming ability available say on E-bay, because it protects you from scammers. You could have your daughter do her research and find a used one with the parts she is looking for at a price YOU want to spend. Then there is the price of games......

Nov 26, 2020

Whats your max budget?

We would need a finished system...we have have monitor, keyboard, mouse etc etc. We are shopping in the USA. She’s saved 500$ and I’m going to match that. So $1000 budget.

Nov 26, 2020
I don't want to get into your personal life, and sorry to hear your situation. But If she has an xbox she is already set to play her games no offense. Times are tough, having said that, there a many many used computers with great gaming ability available say on E-bay, because it protects you from scammers. You could have your daughter do her research and find a used one with the parts she is looking for at a price YOU want to spend. Then there is the price of games......
I completely agree...and thank you truly! her sister and I were planning on going on eBay but I simply have no idea what I’m looking for. And honestly she does have what she needs. And times are tough and it’s a good time for her to learn to be thankful for what she has. You are absolutely correct. XBox is enough for now. Now everyone on Tomshardware is going to kill me for wasting their time🤣 that being said...I have to assume a 5 hundred dollar pc isn’t as good as an Xbox? Right?

Nov 26, 2020
I completely agree...and thank you truly! her sister and I were planning on going on eBay but I simply have no idea what I’m looking for. And honestly she does have what she needs. And times are tough and it’s a good time for her to learn to be thankful for what she has. You are absolutely correct. XBox is enough for now. Now everyone on Tomshardware is going to kill me for wasting their time🤣 that being said...I have to assume a 5 hundred dollar pc isn’t as good as an Xbox? Right?
exactly. xbox vs $500 or $1000 pc, no comparison really. enjoy the xbox and double your budget for a great gaming system at ~$2000. plan it for her birthday and keep Christmas fundamentally preserved for being grateful to be with family, have healthy family, food, water, shelter. blessings. karma is good when this happens.

Reactions: Thenacker
Nov 11, 2020
I feel your pain, but I would not break the bank if there is no job. She has an Xbox and you are better off saving cash to buy a good of versus mediocre and spending more to upgrade later.

she’s playing vr, and she needs a fast cpu and fast graphics card with lots of ram.

A good purchase would be a pc with an i9 intel processor, 3080/3070 (70 re availblwe right guys?), 32 gb of ram and ssd hard drive.

Anything less and she will not enjoy it as perceived.

I mean she might be fine with a little slower cpu but as games come out she’ll want to upgrade.

I would wait and maybe but her something else to satisfy her crave for gaming.

Nov 11, 2020
I feel your pain, but I would not break the bank if there is no job. She has an Xbox and you are better off saving cash to buy a good of versus mediocre and spending more to upgrade later.

she’s playing vr, and she needs a fast cpu and fast graphics card with lots of ram.

A good purchase would be a pc with an i9 intel processor, 3080/3070 (70 re availblwe right guys?), 32 gb of ram and ssd hard drive.

Anything less and she will not enjoy it as perceived.

I mean she might be fine with a little slower cpu but as games come out she’ll want to upgrade.

I would wait and maybe but her something else to satisfy her crave for gaming.

ghe price point on this will be 1700/2000