[SOLVED] HELP!!

Jan 25, 2022
Every time I run game it uses less than 1 mbps but when I run a speed test it says that Brave is using 30mbps, Im using a wireless adapter and I dont have data usage limit

Every comment is appreciated

Solution
Games don't care about bandwidth much. Unlikely almost every other kind of application games need very consistent latency between the packets. The game is calculating the delay between the different chunks of data it sends you to keep the user location in the client and server in sync.

When these delays vary this prediction does not work well and you get what a gamer user sees as lag.

The first thing to try is to use a ethernet cable to test. Wifi unlike most other forms of connection does error correction on damaged data, and there is a lot more damaged data on wifi than on other media. This error correction takes time and affects the delays between packets. This is fundamental design conflict
between games and...
Not sure what you are asking does the game not work.

The game only uses what it needs, speedtest tries to max the connection to see what the maximum rate is. This is why people that buy huge internet 1gbit internet connections are disappointed that their games run the same. Just like 4k netflix will only use 25mbps no matter how large a internet connection you buy.

The only thing that attempts to use the maximum download rates are file transfers. Pretty much anything else only uses what it needs.

Jan 25, 2022
Not sure what you are asking does the game not work.

The game only uses what it needs, speedtest tries to max the connection to see what the maximum rate is. This is why people that buy huge internet 1gbit internet connections are disappointed that their games run the same. Just like 4k netflix will only use 25mbps no matter how large a internet connection you buy.

The only thing that attempts to use the maximum download rates are file transfers. Pretty much anything else only uses what it needs.
Hi, thanks for the comment. I didn't specify but the actual problem is that the game lags

Games don't care about bandwidth much. Unlikely almost every other kind of application games need very consistent latency between the packets. The game is calculating the delay between the different chunks of data it sends you to keep the user location in the client and server in sync.

When these delays vary this prediction does not work well and you get what a gamer user sees as lag.

The first thing to try is to use a ethernet cable to test. Wifi unlike most other forms of connection does error correction on damaged data, and there is a lot more damaged data on wifi than on other media. This error correction takes time and affects the delays between packets. This is fundamental design conflict
between games and wifi. This is why you see people say to never play online games on wifi.

In some ways you hope it still does it on ethernet becuase you might get it fixed. You most times can't "fix" wifi because the data damage is being caused by interfering signals coming in from outside your house.

Solution