hhy9

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2006
Motherboard - Intel® Desktop Board DG965WH

HELP! I have the intel motherboard but my usb ports are not responding, there is power to them but windows is not recognizing the ports! I updated the bios and still nothing. CAN someone Please help me out here? I emailed intel about it but they have yet to respond. If anyone could help me out that would be great thanks!

Did you load the motherboard cd drivers? Some older versions of windows don't have the device drivers for newer boards. Check the device manager in the control panel under "system" and see what devices have a yellow or red mark next to them. Those devices aren't being recognized because they have a driver conflict or no driver installed.

DavidC1

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
I agree with what o1die said. Load your motherboard drivers, you have a Intel-branded board so all you have to do is take out the CD named: "Intel Express Installer CD". Just load up the CD and install everything you require, don't install the onboard video/sound drivers if you already have a discrete card for both, but install everything else.

Installing your drivers is especially important for an Intel board since the chipset requires those drivers to unleash full potential, you might be getting a Celeron D performance rather than Core 2 Duo performance with OS-default drivers :D.