Jinkens

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
Having some problems with my computer after a format it stared to restart instantly when i opened a graphic game. Soon it started not booting and just keep starting and instantly shut itself down. I troubleshooted alittle and found that i booted if i pulled out the Graphics Card, also tried to out in another card in and it booted but the card is old and the drivers don't even work on XP. So i naturally thought that the graphics card was the problem so i ordered a new one. Just got it in the door. Now it does the same thing it did with the original card.

My own only explanation is that my power source is too weak or destroyed.
Since the two graphics cards that had the problem both had external power.

I'll be active so please ask.. Really can't afford a new computer as it is.

P.S.
didn't know where to put this so correct me if it's a wrong category.

Jinkens

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
> > Intel Quad Core (Sadly i dont remember the exact here)
> > MSI P965 NEO-F S-775
> > 1GB DDR2 PC5400 667MHz 1. Part (Put 2GB more in myself)
> > 320MB BFG GeF 8800GTS GDDR3 PCI-E
> > 160GB Hitachi 7200rpm SATA2
> > Colors-IT L8027-C43 400W
> > PSU Standard for 520W Ace
> > Standard Cooling
> > 18x LG DVD/RW Dual Layer Sort

And now just bought a ATI Radeon HD4870 1GB-256bit GDDR5

Is that what you needed? And thanks for the quick responds.

That PSU is certainly not up to the task of running a 4870 1GB card. I'd pick up a high quality 500W - 550W PSU. Where will you be purchasing parts? I highly recommend PC Power & Cooling and Corsair PSU's. I don't know if www.newegg.com is an option for you, but here are a couple high quality PSU's that could power that system nicely:

PC Power & Cooling Silencer PPCS500 500W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817703015 $74.99 - $15 MIR

or

CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139004&Tpk=550vx $89.99 - $20 MIR

Jinkens

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
Do they ship out of the country since I'm located in Denmark.
And I'm not the most experienced in putting together in hardware.
I'm mostly self taught. Is a Power Supply hard to install?

And again thanks for the help.. Nice to get such a fast reply.

You'll have to find a different supplier in Denmark. Newegg doesn't ship outside the USA. I'd try to find one of those PSU's locally. No, installing a PSU isn't hard. Just take your time and be sure to ground yourself by touching something metal before handling any components.

Jinkens

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
Have been looking around and i find that i don't know much about powersupplies and the websites i usually buy from lack proper information about the capabilities of the power supplies. Does anyone know a site where i can find a suitable power supply with worldwide shipping?

Sorry for my crappy spelling not the best at written english.