Help

muc0n

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2002
I have changed nothing but for some reason everytime i double click a folder or drive a search window appears instead of it opening normally. I've tried going to Folder Options->Filetypes and tried to set the default manually but nothing seems to work. How can i fix this, or what could have caused it. Thanks for any help.

Edit:i fixed it by adding a new command and using explorer to open it. but id still like to know how this could have happened or have a way to get it back to the standard windows defaults.
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by muc0n on 04/23/04 03:11 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

dhlucke

Polypheme
Since you posted this in the Graphics Card section...

I suggest you upgrade your videocard to fix the problem.

No, I suggest you get new drivers for your videocard!

WAIT! Maybe you should make sure your videocard is seated properly!

<font color=red>___________</font color=red>
<b><A HREF="http://www.subservientchicken.com/" target="_new">Get chicken the way you like it!</A></b>

Slava

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2002
And make sure that your antialiasing is set to 8X!

<font color=green>Stingy people end up paying double. One kick-ass rig that will go strong for three years or one half-decent one every year?</font color=green> :cool:

muc0n

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2002
Actually i posted here because there was really now where to post it. Except in software section, which doesnt get a lot of replies. The graphics card sections gets a lot of replies and i wanted help fast. Thanks for being so helpful though. So is there anyone here who can actually help?

dhlucke

Polypheme
Restore your folder defaults and see if that helps.

tools/folder options/restore defaults
tools/folder options/view/restore defaults

<font color=red>___________</font color=red>
<b><A HREF="http://www.subservientchicken.com/" target="_new">Get chicken the way you like it!</A></b>

muc0n

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2002
Thanks for the help. Ive gotten the folders to open, but now they open in different windows even though they are set not to. Ive tried switching it back and forth and nothing changes it. Thats not too big of a deal though.

Slava

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2002
Dude, I know this problem but right now I am not in the mood to write up the solution. I WILL, however help ya once I sober up... tomorrow evening, maybe though I have the "plaster" man coming to fix my bathroom. Anyhow, don't despair. Your original post was misplaced, but the guys here at THG are friendly and helpful though at times they (we) may seem to be arrogant assholes. Your sarcasm is misplaced: you DID goof by posting your question here and you got the sarcastic replies you deserved. Hmm... it takes time to learn the etiquette of the tech boards, but you ARE WELCOME here nevertheless. Be patient. You'll get your answer..

<font color=green>Stingy people end up paying double. One kick-ass rig that will go strong for three years or one half-decent one every year?</font color=green> :cool:

muc0n

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2002
Again this wasnt a goof. i knew it was not a graphics card topic but other parts of the forum get very few replies. Anyways, i think you spent more time typing up your response then it would have actually taken to just solve the problem. Also in none of my posts was i being sarcastic, i appreciate the help, but pointless post that dont help me are just a waste of time for everyone.

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
Anyways, i think you spent more time typing up your response then it would have actually taken to just solve the problem.
pwned.

<A HREF="http://rmitz.org/AYB3.swf" target="_new">All your base are belong to us.</A>
<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=2216718" target="_new"><b>3DMark03</b></A>

rx7000

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2003
"Be patient. You'll get your answer.."

Nothing like salva handing down the anticipation of a mini christmas. Maybe this will help...

Open any folder, at the top of the folder window select the tools header (second from right), On the drop down select folder options, Under browse folders you can select whether you want each folder to open in its own window or seperate. If that dosnt help try running threw all the options for anything else relevant to your problem.

Asus p4c800 Deluxe,1 Gig Mushkin PC3200 400 Mhz(2-2-2 cas),Pentium 4 3.0 512k 800Fsb HT, Thermaltake Xaser III, Thermaltake Spark 4,WD 80 Gig 7200,GeForce 4 MX440 (PCI),Nec Multi-Sync LCD 1830