Hercules Prophet2 MX 32MB card

G

I read earlier this weekend that this card was being discontinued. I am unable to find anything that confirms it. Has anyone heard of this? I want to get one of these cards but don't know if I should get it now because it won't be available later or if I should wait a month or 2 and let the price drop a little further. Any thoughts?

G

if it's being discontinued, it's only because the mx200/400 series are continuing the mx series.

G

nop!!!
they will only make kyro 2 and kyro 1 based cards, not forgeting geforce 3...

kyro 2 is similar in performance to geforce 2 gts DDR (if not better in FSAA, etc...)
kyro 1 is similar in performance than geforce 2 MX

They are cheaper to produce, so Hercules want to make money on these kyros...

kyro 2 is even cheaper to produce than an MX based card...<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by powervr2 on 05/14/01 04:06 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Meaning nVidia Bread and butter will be some what stollen. Wait until 2-3 months down the line, the Kyro2 will have a deep imparct into mmx sells and will probably start penetrating the OEM market.

G

They are nolonger going to make the standard MX, because it has been replaced with the MX 400 and MX 200 versions.

The 32Mb MX 400, and the 64 MB MX are still in production.

G

The GF2 MX 32 mb card isnt the best way to go, if u get the 64 mb version of this card, its only a bit more expensive but worth it in my book.