Hexen Returns as Hot Mod for Doom 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ispam

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
Too much light for the Doom 3 engine...Segmentation Fault (core dumped).

Oh and for some really weird reason I'm seeing some cease and desist letters followed by a lawsuit in the near future, I must be clairvoyant or something.

keyanf

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
I'm fairly sure that when id Tech 4's source is released (When the new id engine gets its first release with Rage in 2011), it will be ported in a month or two (didn't take Urban Terror that long to transition from quake 3 mod to stand alone)

werfu

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2008
Finaly! I remember when that mod started, it was amazing and I was still playing a lot with Doomsday to Heretic/Hexen. Glad to see this is finally near completion.

thelvyn

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
While this may be cool news you should try this mod for doom3 while your at it. http://www.thedarkmod.com/
A total conversion of doom3 for the Thief world.
With over 30 Fan Missions already made and more being made all the time.

Very cool.

brando56894

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
Pretty awesome, I was never a huge hexen/heratic fan since I spent most of my time on the doom series but I still played them and will check this out. What I'd love to see is a full out recreation of the first two doom games with better graphics. IIRC someone did a mod for original doom but idk what ever happened to it since I havent played doom3 in a few years.

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Very Cool! I remember playing Hexen back in the day along with all the other clasics. I like how the mod community is going back to remake these games with updated game engines, your work is greatly appreciated to say the least. Now I really wish I pick up Doom 3 on the Steam sale a while back :(

Status
Not open for further replies.