Question Hey, is 80 degrees celsius ok in idle

Nov 16, 2019
My pc is idle but the gpu is at lowest 80 degrees celsius, the gpu caps temprature at 95 degrees while gaming and doesnt get any hotter, the case is really dusty so im gonna clean that out and see if it fixes anything.

Graphics Card : Lenovo Nvidia GTX 750 Ti

Nov 16, 2019
That is too hot for normal use.

What is the ambient temperature? (ie. the temperature in the room your PC is in.)

The maximum temperature for the GTX 750 Ti is 95C, so you are probably hitting the thermal throttle limits.

Is this a laptop by chance?

Its acutally a Lenovo ERAZER X310 (desktop) and the temprature in my room is like maybe 25 degrees celsius, im gonna dust the case out when i can and see if i get better tempratures. Also my gpu is at 72 degrees celsius now, but when running games it goes to 95 degrees FAST

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2019
I have a Lenovo GTX 750 Ti and the graphics card is at 72 degrees celsius while normal use, but it goes up to to 95 degrees which is the max temperature the card goes to before thermal throttling when im gaming, the case has not been dusted in 3-4 years, could that be the problem?

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2019
This is how the card looks :
Lenovo-GeForce-GTX-750-Ti-2-GB-VRAM.jpg

This honestly sounds like one of the emails you get in PC Building Simulator!

First of all, you should clean your PC frequently. If you can't once a month, try at least once every 6 months or so.
Since it's a card that has aged, it might need a thermal paste replacement. If you know how to do it, go for it. If not, you can go to a repair shop.

But first, you should clean the PC and see if that had any effect.

TRENDING THREADS