Question Hey there. Clicked on a website and have a few questions.

Arbiter051

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2016
I know it’s against policy to post the link and hope this isn’t the wrong place to post this.

I accidentally clicked on a Wordpress website while googling and it was a fake news site. It didn’t see to install anything as I checked installed programs, auto runs and process explorer. Nothing out of the ordinary running or installed from what I saw.

I didn’t install or download anything and my os/browser are both up to date.

hitmanpro and Norton power eraser also showed nothing. I checked virustotal and it said clean on just about every big AV.

I get paranoid about things like this so I am just trying to be safe. Ty!

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
sounds like you've done all you can already. if all the scans are coming up clean and nothing new is hiding in the places you checked, you should be in good shape.

i imagine you already keep an eye on such things anyway, but just stay aware over the next few days and if nothing shows, then i'd not give it another thought.

Arbiter051

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2016
sounds like you've done all you can already. if all the scans are coming up clean and nothing new is hiding in the places you checked, you should be in good shape.

i imagine you already keep an eye on such things anyway, but just stay aware over the next few days and if nothing shows, then i'd not give it another thought.
Gotcha thank you very much.