[SOLVED] Hi guys. every program is crashing

Anthony_171

Reputable
Jan 27, 2017
Hi guys, every program i try to open is crashing besides my browser. i tried downloading a new graphics driver to see if that was the problem but i cant run it because it will crash. I tried restarting the pc, try to run malwarebytes but same problem. please help - thanks

Solution
try running this in safe mode
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

if you have had viruses, it might be time to clean install windows 10 and start again.
copy anything off C you want to save, we can scan it before it goes back on again so that it doesn't reinfect you.

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

boot from installer

follow this guide...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.
Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it. Might help to make on a working pc.

what are some details of your pc?

does it happen in safe mode?
go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click restart now button
this restarts PC in a blue menu
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose startup options
click the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

Anthony_171

Reputable
Jan 27, 2017
Hey, i got into safe mode, ran malwarebytes anti malware. found 5 viruses quarantined and deleted the viruses but ran into the crashing problem again outside of safe mode. i wonder what it could but cause malwarebytes ran fine in safe mode

Colif

Win 11 Master
right click start button
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

if you have had viruses, it might be time to clean install windows 10 and start again.
copy anything off C you want to save, we can scan it before it goes back on again so that it doesn't reinfect you.

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

boot from installer

follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

Solution

Anthony_171

Reputable
Jan 27, 2017
right click start button
and press enter

boot from installer

follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/
Thanks man everything is working again, appreciate your help.