[SOLVED] Hi, I am just wondering what case would be best for AMD Ryzen 5 3600 and Msi B450 Tomahawk Max?

Jul 19, 2020
I was initially going to choose the NZXT H510, but PcPartPicker stated that, NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case has a front panel USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C port, but the MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard does not have sufficient USB 3.2 Gen 2 or Gen 1 headers. The case USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C port will not be usable. Any suggestions on other cases? (Willing to pay up to $150 Aud) (107 USD)

Solution
It just means you won't be able to use that front panel usb port. There is one on the back of your motherboard. I may be wrong about this but I'm not sure if any B450 mobos have USB 3.2. Maybe some of the high end ones do, but the ones that I've seen and built with (or built with friends) don't have it. Most Intel Z-390 mobos have them though. I'm also not sure if there is any of the cheaper AMD B550 mobos that have it either. As for other cases, anything from Cooler Master, Phanteks, Corsair, Fractal Design, and Lian Li should be easy to build in (from past experiences) as well. The Cooler Master MB311L is a great option for a case around the same price point.
Jul 14, 2020
It just means you won't be able to use that front panel usb port. There is one on the back of your motherboard. I may be wrong about this but I'm not sure if any B450 mobos have USB 3.2. Maybe some of the high end ones do, but the ones that I've seen and built with (or built with friends) don't have it. Most Intel Z-390 mobos have them though. I'm also not sure if there is any of the cheaper AMD B550 mobos that have it either. As for other cases, anything from Cooler Master, Phanteks, Corsair, Fractal Design, and Lian Li should be easy to build in (from past experiences) as well. The Cooler Master MB311L is a great option for a case around the same price point.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS