Hi I'm having second thoughts about my power supply

Solution
600W is plenty for a build with a single 770.

When Gigabyte says 450W is required they are referring to an entire GTX 770 system complete with CPU, drives etc.

Epis

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013
600W is plenty for a build with a single 770.

When Gigabyte says 450W is required they are referring to an entire GTX 770 system complete with CPU, drives etc.

Solution

thasan1

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
like epis said, 600W is plenty, but i have some thoughts about the build, first of all instead od H80 i think a noctua NH D14 will be a better option. secondly, since your gonna overclock anyway, i think its better to get DDR3-1333 or 1600 modules. 3rdly, do you really need a 100$ keyboard? i 10-20$ keyboard should be reliable enough, same thing with mouse. you that saving's to get a 120GB SSD, it will really help you with your boot time's. but if you don't want an SSD, then just save the money.

daniel desiatco

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013

thanks! I really appreciate people helping me with my problems.

daniel desiatco

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013

Thanks for spending your time giving answer and suggestion to my post! I'll consider your suggestion! I'll buy the PSU last so that I can have a lot of time

daniel desiatco

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013

I followed your suggestions and I changed my RAM memory to ripjaws ddr3-1600 and changed my keyboard to $15 gaming. as to my mouse, I already have it, I just added it there so if someone wants the exact same build as I am about to do, they can see the full price from part to part.

daniel desiatco

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013

Oh! and I forgot to thank you for your time and suggestions! here is my final build http://pcpartpicker.com/user/desiatcodaniel/saved/2kxW If you still have any changes to suggest, I am open and thankful to it.

daniel desiatco

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013

thanks again for your time! about the SSD, I decided not to buy one because I've read some articles that SSDs will give me faster boot times and better file security but it really doesn't affect the FPS on games, only faster load times. I don't mind waiting for a bit longer since i'm used to playing in internet cafes which possess much cheaper computer builds. Thanks! I'll totally suggest having SSDs to my friends who want to brag about their really cool pc with lightning fast boot up times.

p.s. I have 3 backup external hard drives for security purposes so it eliminates my need to go for an SSD for the same purpose.