Hi-Res Texture Pack for Dragon Age 2 Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

questiom (noob here): would CF 5770s meet the recommended spec?

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]rhino13[/nom]Time to pick up a 5850 or 460. I was hoping my 5770 would cut it[/citation]

Depends mostly on the resolution you're playing on and possibly the CPU. You can download the demo and try it first.

G

You can pick up another 5770 and run in CrossfireX, if you have a motherboard that supports it.

Played Dragon Age II last night. I read on the Bioware Forums that people are still having problems with DX11 performance issues (similar to the Demo). Installed, didn't do any DirectX install or updates. I'm using nVidia's latest Beta driver 267.24. Everything ran fine with DX11 and features turned on. However, I'm not sure that my GTX 470 SLI is being used as I was running about 40FPS @ 1080p.

Will have to try the High-Res textures though. :) Better graphics would be awesome! Though some stuff is similar to Origins, the character faces up close (especially main plot characters) look pretty good if you ask me.

jfby

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
[citation][nom]rhino13[/nom]Time to pick up a 5850 or 460. I was hoping my 5770 would cut it[/citation]

You could pick up the next gen above 5850/460 if your current setup can't run with the desired outcome.

dco

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
Wouldn't mind seeing Toms do some benchmarks on this, see what the performance difference is and what the minimum video card would be.

Zeh

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
I'd really like to see benchmarks aswell.

*FPS log with 2/4/6 gb on different settings and resolutions (not just 'very high' and with different resolutions). Low, Medium, High and Very High @1280x1024 and 1920x1080 would be enough for resolutions, to give a general idea.
*Dx9/Dx11 performance differences @Medium.
The impact Hi-Res Textures have on system memory and video performance.
*And fps logs with different CPUs (core and frequency).
*Ofc, how does different gpus (dx11 especially) do?

An in-depth analysis like that would be really amazing.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]TheCapulet[/nom]Graphically, I honestly don't see anything that puts this above Dragon Age: Origins. It's using DX11, but what do they use it for? Tessellation. Something they're already using in the console space. So without DX11, the game looks worse in almost every way compared to DA: O.The controls are awful. They were bitched at because all of the CoD nerds couldn't get into the 'instant action' because there wasn't any. DA: O was a real honest RPG. Now they've been forced to create some half assed hybrid that blows at both. And where's the ******* toolset? That was one of the best parts of DA: O.[/citation]

um dude consoles don't suport tessellation currently ,xbox360 uses dx9 and not sure if the game usues it or not, i'm guessing it might though sicne ther is a dx 11 requirement for upper details cant say though for sure becasue i'm stil on win xpa dn dx9 myself. and actually fromteh demo i played DA2 looks teh same as DA:O, but i'll be tryign to upgrade my os soon so i can get this game runing full sepc , (as well as many other games i have).

Status
Not open for further replies.