Hibernates when 1st battery hits critical, 2nd battery has..

When I run with a second battery in the drive bay is there any way to prevent
the system from Hibernating when the first battery runs down - I still have
over 50% charge because the second battery is still at 100%. When the second
battery reaches the critical level it hibernates as desired. I always
attempt to restart from hibernation because I'm not sure if I am really out
of power or not. So far the system keeps running if the second battery has
charge, and instantly hibernates again if both batteries are low. It
disrupts my workflow - and occasionally fakes me out so I don't get to finish
what I am doing.
--
I hate my Dell Laptop.
Latitude D600

on the battery on the bottom of the laptop. if push the little picture of the
battery lights will tell u how much u have left.

helpful tip
--
Cole Edgar