[SOLVED] High cpu on warzone

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 30, 2021
After igot me new gpu warzone fps has gotten down to 60
my cpu alomst on 100%
and gpu on 5-10%
why did this happens idownlod good driver delted the other drivers with ddr
my build
i7-9700 9th gen
asus prime b365m
g.skill aegis 8gb ddr 4 2400mhz
kingstone a2000 pcie
750w gold croair
Do ineed more ram ? is that the proplem ?
other games run perfect

Solution
You don't need liquid cooling on a 9700. It's a 65w cpu that doesn't exceed its rating. Even if you did decide on an aio, you'd not need more than a 120mm. So that's about pointless expense. Any decent aircooler will work, as long as it physically will fit in the case. Hyper212, Arctic Duo, Cryorig H7, Noctua U12S, beQuiet Darkrock slim, all the way upto a beQuiet Darkrock TF or Noctua NH-D15 can be used, but isn't necessary.

2x8Gb ddr4 2666MHz. Slots 2 and 4. Will handle any game out currently.

Your cpu boosts according to cores used vs temps. With that miserable excuse for a cooler you have now, temps are climbing too high, too easily, so the boost isn't really working and you get low fps, and when pushed by a game as rough as...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You don't need liquid cooling on a 9700. It's a 65w cpu that doesn't exceed its rating. Even if you did decide on an aio, you'd not need more than a 120mm. So that's about pointless expense. Any decent aircooler will work, as long as it physically will fit in the case. Hyper212, Arctic Duo, Cryorig H7, Noctua U12S, beQuiet Darkrock slim, all the way upto a beQuiet Darkrock TF or Noctua NH-D15 can be used, but isn't necessary.

2x8Gb ddr4 2666MHz. Slots 2 and 4. Will handle any game out currently.

Your cpu boosts according to cores used vs temps. With that miserable excuse for a cooler you have now, temps are climbing too high, too easily, so the boost isn't really working and you get low fps, and when pushed by a game as rough as Warzone, you get thermal crashes.

You are pushing your cpu to run the 100yrd dash in 10 seconds, wearing combat boots and ankle shackles. It's going to try, then fall flat on its face. Get some decent cooling, enough ram to do the job and figure out why you have so many process running in the background hampering it's in-game performance.

Solution