Question high cpu temp with a new gpu

Sep 7, 2024
so i have ryzen 5 5600g and overclock it because i dont use the include cooler, its when smooth my highest temp is 68C (71watt) while playing cyberpunk. and now i have bought a gpu (rx 6600) i disable the igpu in the bios, and now im using the gpu only but when i play game like cyberpunk the cpu temp is so high it reach 80c with just 40w and the utilization is around 30-40% but my gpu temp is around 60c and full load utilization 99%. i already change the cpu thermalpaste, it just happen after i install the gpu. so my question is. it is normal?

btw im not having any issue while playing game its just the cpu temp
spec : cpu ryzen 5 5600g, gpu rx 6600, motherboard asrock b500m pro4, ram xpg 8X2 ddr4 3200mhz, psu 1stplayer 600w

thx

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

and now i have bought a gpu (rx 6600) i disable the igpu in the bios
Did you run DDU to remove all GPU drivers in Safe Mode then installed the latest GPU driver sourced from AMD's support site in an elevated command?

Sep 7, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

and now i have bought a gpu (rx 6600) i disable the igpu in the bios
Did you run DDU to remove all GPU drivers in Safe Mode then installed the latest GPU driver sourced from AMD's support site in an elevated command?
CPU: ryzen 5 5600g
CPU cooler: pccooler r400
Motherboard: asrock b550m pro4 (lates bios update 3.40)
Ram: adata xpg spectrix ddr4 3200mhz
SSD/HDD: vgen hyper m.2 (for os) kingston ssd sata 1tb (for game)
GPU: rx 6600 challenger white
PSU: 1stplayer dk premium 600w 80plus brownze (The PSU has only been in use for 2 months)
Chassis: cube gaming reguz
Monitor: koorui 24e3
all this part is brand new i just build this 2 months ago
You might not have heard of this CPU cooler brand, but despite its low price, it has managed to keep my CPU temperature between 50-68°C and never reaching 70°C, even when overclocked. During a stress test with Prime95, the highest temperature recorded was 88°C (110W).

no i dint know this i just unintalled the driver and restart then install the new driver from amd support

Last edited: