Question high end gaming pc can't run some of the easiest games...help please

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 13, 2019
hi!
i used to have a pretty crappy pc so a few months ago i decided to upgrade and bought all new parts and built another pc. the problem is it cant run anything and its really frustrating. i cant run some of the easiest games at a steady 60fps on LOW. for example: fortnite, minecraft, gang beasts, apex and literally any other game. UserBenchmark test results told me my computer was performing below expectations and i dont know what to do. something odd ive noticed is that no matter how high or low the settings are, the fps will remain the same .im almost positive everything was put together correctly (ive built over 4 pc's and no others had this problem). its really upsetting because ive put so much money towards this thing and it breaks my heart knowing i cant even use it. ive compared my fps to friends with pcs with lower specs than me and they had no trouble running my favorite games on high at a steady 60fps. if anyone could try to help me out id greatly appreciate it <333

CPU - i7-7700
CPU Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 ESports One
GPU - GTX 1070 FE
MoBo - ASUS ROG STRIX B250G Gaming
RAM - 4x4gb DDR4 2133mhz HyperX Fury
PSU - Corsair CX750
HDD - WD Blue 1tb
SSD - Kingston 120gb

something to note is that i also have psu cable extensions. not sure if that could change anything but better safe than sorry...

lynx1021

Distinguished
The PSU extensions could be causing a voltage drop, only use where absolutely necessary. When they started running electricity in the late 1800's they tried DC and found they couldn't go very far with out voltage drops so that is why they changed to AC so they could use transformers. DC cables need to be short as possible.

Aug 13, 2019
The PSU extensions could be causing a voltage drop, only use where absolutely necessary. When they started running electricity in the late 1800's they tried DC and found they couldn't go very far with out voltage drops so that is why they changed to AC so they could use transformers. DC cables need to be short as possible.
[/QUOTE oh damn i didntg know that. so i gotta test the ram and psu cables, ill get back to yall soon. thanks for all the help