Question High end pc running slow

May 24, 2019
I have a PC with the following specs:

Processor - i7 4770k
GPU - GTX 1070
RAM - 16 GB
PSU - 1200W
SSD for main OS - Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb

I'm really stumped on what's wrong with it. It's been a long time since it ran smoothly.
The windows logo when starting it up was freezing and jumping as it moved.
Windows is lagging when I press something like chrome and I don't know what's wrong with it.
Some of my games also load slow which is rather odd. It also takes like 1 minute to start my pc.
Youtube also lags.

All drivers are updated, no viruses or missing software.
Computer is kept clean all the time with scans, CCleaner etc.
I have 2 monitors and both are 1920x1080.

More details can be given on request. Thank you for your time.

May 24, 2019
  1. Check the cpu and GPU temp.
  2. Check the SSD to see it is full or not.
  3. Which 1200W is it?
  4. Remove the gtx1070, use the onboard intel iGPU to see what happens, then watch the youtube or use chrome, the PC does the same or not.
  1. CPU is overclocked and sits at around 40°C idle and GPU is on ~30-40 with fans turned off.
  2. SSD is not full but I mostly meant that my pc is really slow at booting even though this is a really good SSD.
  3. Corsair AX1200
  4. I don't really think it's the graphics card but when I start one of my monitors, my cursor starts lagging a lot, so I might do it.

May 24, 2019
Yes, please post. But if these errors are the" distributedCOM", you may forget about them.
I actually get a lot of errors from my disk and it says "The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block.
Error: Kernel-boot
Error: Kernel-Power
Error: Service control manager

I couldnt post my screenshots, because I have no idea how to.

May 24, 2019
What resolution are you running with your monitors, this from the NVIDIA specs on your GPU for max resolution, "7680x4320 at 60 Hz RGB 8-bit with dual DisplayPort connectors or 7680x4320 at 60 Hz YUV420 8-bit with one DisplayPort 1.3 connector. ".
Both of them are 1920x1080 and one of them is hdmi and the other is displayport.

May 24, 2019
Run chkdsk /f /r this should mark the bad block so windows does not use it anymore. I also take back your drive is failing, SSD drives can show this error and still be healthy, but the bad blocks still need to be marked.
I did. It gets stuck at 13% so I tried sfc /scannow, that also got stuck at 10%.

You
What do you mean by that?
It means your ssd is failing. The results of the scans are the Windows files structures are not damaged but your hard drive is.Your are fortunate because usually they just blink off, which it can do at any time. Try and save a system image (you'll need a second drive to do this), purchase a new ssd and should be able to image your system back on the new drive, assuming it's as least the same size or larger.