valerius9

Commendable
Nov 10, 2017
I recently bought a pc much better than my old one and I am getting just about the same fps in Apex Legends.

New pc:
ryzen 3900x
rtx 2080 super
3600 16gb

old:
geforce 1070
i7 7700k
2133 (I think) 16gb

What can be causing this? I have turned off game bar and changed settings to prefer performance over appearance, as with my old computer.

Here is a Fire Strike bench:

edit: cpu and gpu both hit max 68-69ish under load and cpu is at around 35 idle

valerius9

Commendable
Nov 10, 2017
And what were you expecting?

Was this a completely new build with a fresh install of Windows?
Completely new build and install, yes. My old fps was around 80-100 in the drop ship (in Apex Legends) and now it's 70-85 at best. I just ran a Heaven benchmark and got only a 6.5k score on high which I feel like is worse than it should be (I might be wrong I got no idea)
https://prnt.sc/src6k2

When running Heaven I noticed around every 5-10 seconds there was a microstutter in which the fps dropped far below the 100s. Got any idea what can cause this? Also the gpu temp went up to 78 in Heaven. Again, not sure if that's normal or not

i really don't know what you were expecting. many games still are not programmed to take advantage of more then 2-4 CPU cores so the additional cores on the ryzen are useless right not and the ryzens top boost clock speed is only a fraction faster then the 7700K

its a good build for the future but for anything right now i woud be surprised if you find any noticable improvments

valerius9

Commendable
Nov 10, 2017
i really don't know what you were expecting. many games still are not programmed to take advantage of more then 2-4 CPU cores so the additional cores on the ryzen are useless right not and the ryzens top boost clock speed is only a fraction faster then the 7700K

its a good build for the future but for anything right now i woud be surprised if you find any noticable improvments
Surely the difference between a regular 1070 and a rtx 2080 super would be noticable though? Especially when paired with a better cpu ontop of that