[SOLVED] High Memory Usage At Idle / Memory Leak

May 30, 2020
I'm pretty sure im experiencing a memory leak as at idle im using 3gb / 8gb of my ram, when i look in task manager the ram usage of the applications does not add up to the 3gb being used, ive tried all of th fixes with the ndu and services ive also disabled sysmain but no difference has been made

Solution
Yes but do you have 1 8gb stick or 2 4gb sticks? 8gb is not really enough for modern games with Win 10 running, 16 would be way better. If you only have 1 8gb stick you are not able to run dual channel and that will severly handicap your system and could even be the cause of games crashing as the game need recommends 4+gb, your windows etc is using 3......yip 90% sounds about right.

Also 2400mhz is pretty slow for a Ryzen Gen2, 3000-3200 would be better, and if that is running single channel then it is not really a suprise you have issues.

Memory leak is also caused by poorly optimized programms and games that fail to free up memory or incorrectly manage the memory allocation, so it may not just be your system at fault here.
Really need the full system specs but honestly 3gb at idle is not really bad, depends on what bloatware is running (antivirus, rgb, cortana etc) I do have to clean my pc up a wee bit but I have 11% usage on my pc so also around 3gb. Do you have 1 8gb or 2 4gb sticks?

Windows will reserve around 2-2.5gb on its own so a total of 3 gb is pretty normal and nothing to worry about. If you want run Malwarebytes to check for any nasty's but I would not worry if I were you. Getting a 2x8gb kit would help if RAM amount is an issue, Get 2 sticks together as just addind another stick even from the same make is never guarenteed to work, that is why they are sold in kits.

Cheers

Last edited:
May 30, 2020
CPU - RYZEN 2600X
RAM - ADATA 8GB 2400MHZ
GPU - GTX 1070
SSD - ADATA 250GB
MOBO - ga-a320m-h

Ok thank you, just abit strange that im getting game crashes and when i contact ubisoft support with the error files they said its a memory leak, especially in games like g-mod once im receiving lua files im seeing my ram peak up to 90% usage/

Yes but do you have 1 8gb stick or 2 4gb sticks? 8gb is not really enough for modern games with Win 10 running, 16 would be way better. If you only have 1 8gb stick you are not able to run dual channel and that will severly handicap your system and could even be the cause of games crashing as the game need recommends 4+gb, your windows etc is using 3......yip 90% sounds about right.

Also 2400mhz is pretty slow for a Ryzen Gen2, 3000-3200 would be better, and if that is running single channel then it is not really a suprise you have issues.

Memory leak is also caused by poorly optimized programms and games that fail to free up memory or incorrectly manage the memory allocation, so it may not just be your system at fault here.

Last edited:
Solution