[SOLVED] High number of TBW within 2 months

Nov 5, 2020
I just noticed that almost 3 terabytes has been written on my Patriot P210 SSD within 2 months. Is this normal?

Solution
Yes, I bought it 2 months ago, also 1.5 TBW per month is normal I think because normal ssds have 150 TBW life span.
The warranty TBW of a drive varies with size, model, and manufacturer.
75TBW to 1500TBW.

As said, initial use of a drive may seem like a lot. But that curve flattens out.
Check it once a week or month.
Nov 5, 2020
Only if it starts to go down.

You're looking at a single snapshot in time.
Likely it will stay at that number for months.

And always always be prepared for a drive to die at any moment. Software reporting "98%" means little.
You mean prepare for this particular drive I am using or any drive even the expensive one?

Nov 5, 2020
Any storage device.
Alright, also can you tell me why people buy expensive ssd's (not nvme ones)? Is it really necessary for them if most of them just do casual gaming etc or other simple usage?
like what benefit they can have if I have 500 MB read rate and they have 550 MB?

USAFRet

Titan
Alright, also can you tell me why people buy expensive ssd's (not nvme ones)? Is it really necessary for them if most of them just do casual gaming etc or other simple usage?
like what benefit they can have if I have 500 MB read rate and they have 550 MB?
Reliability, warranty, stability.

I'd much rather trust a company that makes it own devices. Intel, Crucial, Samsung.
Or even some of the others.
SanDisk, for instance. They replaced a drive for me (died suddenly) that was 33 days past the 3 year warranty. I knew it was over, they knew it was over, they gave me a new one anyway.

USAFRet

Titan
Its going down 1% every month. Asked Patriot about it and they said its normal. Do I have worry about it?
You use it until it dies.
When it does, you replace it.

If still in warranty, free replacement.
Them recover your data from the backups you're keeping.

However...none of my drives show a health reduction of 1% per month. Samsung, Sandisk, Intel.
I have 6 year old Samsungs that still report 100%, and operate just like new.