[SOLVED] High pings in games

Mar 1, 2019
Hi there! Im experiencing very high ping in games (Csgo and league of legends) but the speedtests and tracert show me that my pings is more than ok ( 40-50 ms, even lower, while in games 80-300, fluctuating very high). Do you know why? I actually played some R6S and it showed me the actually real ping and its running smooth, but the other games are unplayable. Thanks!

Solution
Ping measure distance in most cases and things like speedtest pick the closest server. You could try figuring out where the data center is for the games you play and pick multiple speedtest servers in that city and see how it compares.

There is very little you can do about the ping times when it is not happening for all applications. The network path from your house is identical so it should affect all programs. The part of the network that is different is near the game serves but that could be in the game companies ISP or the connection between your ISP and the game company ISP.

The only other thing it could be is if it really isn't a true network issue and the game has some other issue that causes it to delay traffic.

If...
Ping measure distance in most cases and things like speedtest pick the closest server. You could try figuring out where the data center is for the games you play and pick multiple speedtest servers in that city and see how it compares.

There is very little you can do about the ping times when it is not happening for all applications. The network path from your house is identical so it should affect all programs. The part of the network that is different is near the game serves but that could be in the game companies ISP or the connection between your ISP and the game company ISP.

The only other thing it could be is if it really isn't a true network issue and the game has some other issue that causes it to delay traffic.

If you have any kinds of "gamer" network stuff loaded on your pc you need to uninstall it.

Solution