[SOLVED] High quality camera (8MP and above) streaming directly to the pc at minimum 60fps

RemiGc

Reputable
Jan 15, 2017
Hello, I'm working on a project that requires a high-quality camera (8MP and above) streaming video directly to the computer at a minimum of 60fps (input doesn't matter). The camera must have an integrated software that can modify its settings without having to access it physically. I would be very grateful if you could help me to find the right camera for this project :)

kanewolf

Titan
Hello, I'm working on a project that requires a high-quality camera (8MP and above) streaming video directly to the computer at a minimum of 60fps (input doesn't matter). The camera must have an integrated software that can modify its settings without having to access it physically. I would be very grateful if you could help me to find the right camera for this project :)
What connectivity between the PC and camera?

RemiGc

Reputable
Jan 15, 2017
My budget is $ 700. The thing that I need to do with the camera is to analyze every frame that it sends to the PC with my own program. That program analyzes every frame looking for black spots that may appear on it, those spots are quite darker than the surface. Therefore, I need to calibrate the camera to make those spots appear as dark as they can compared to its surrounding.

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
My budget is $ 700. The thing that I need to do with the camera is to analyze every frame that it sends to the PC with my own program. That program analyzes every frame looking for black spots that may appear on it, those spots are quite darker than the surface. Therefore, I need to calibrate the camera to make those spots appear as dark as they can compared to it's surrounding.
Just about any current DSLR or mirrorless will give you the in camera adjustments to enhance the black levels.

The other features, refine your search from the link above.

RemiGc

Reputable
Jan 15, 2017
The statement of "without having to access it physically" makes it sound like this camera HAS to be network attached. That is why I asked about the connectivity.
Sorry for being unclear, I would prefer to modify camera settings with my own software or an existing mobile/desktop app.