[SOLVED] High System Interrupts on New System

Hello man

Honorable
I know EVERYONE asks "wait, what is this process, how come I'm idling with high CPU usage?!" but I have exhausted all internet solutions I can find here, and I work in IT.

My server at home is an old Lenovo E32 with an i5 4590S, 12GB of DDR3 1600, an EVGA 500W G3 PSU, a GTX 1060 and a decent bit o storage crammed in (2x3tb drives, 1x8TB drive, a 256GB boot SSD and a 1TB game storage SSD.

It functions as a remote fileserver, Parsec game streaming PC, Plex server and Minecraft server.

Yet lately when I remote in I have noticed that my overall CPU usage is sitting at about 30%, yet I am doing nothing on the system. I know the 4590S isn't that fast, but I don't know what is going on. The only process consuming any CPU usage is System Interrupts, sitting pretty at about 22%. I ran a recommended latency testing tool and it seems like DirectX is the thing causing all the interrupts. Is this normal? I have never seen idle CPU usage like this out of a healthy system under no load.

Thanks!
Rowan

Solution
Probable, Ever since Windows 10 came to be, it's much more like an app on the phone where there's a glitch and it's resolved on the next update, only to see another glitch rear it's head. If they've all been installed manually, maybe try and see if you can install an older version of the chipset drivers using compatibility mode.

Hello man

Honorable
Which OS are you working with on your server? Windows 10? If so, which version? There's a BIOS update for the workstation system you've mentioned.

When you've stated you've exhausted all options, it's best we know what they are/were so we don't repeat the same steps to you here.

I am on Windows 10 Pro X64, version 1903. It was a fresh install as of about two weeks ago.

I have updated SSD firmware, updated the BIOS, updated Intel Firmware, run Windows Update, updated Nvidia Drivers, looked through device manager for any devices reporting errors, checked the error log and deleted all pending requests. I just disabled telemetry as well.

I have looked for errant processes gobbling resources (seem to be literally none -- there is about 15% CPU usage that is totally un - accounted for, I.E. if System Interrupts is gobbling 20%, the reported usage is 33%. It is all on one core too -- core 0, which is being hammered to about 100% while all other cores hang at a few percent.

Lutfij

Titan
Probable, Ever since Windows 10 came to be, it's much more like an app on the phone where there's a glitch and it's resolved on the next update, only to see another glitch rear it's head. If they've all been installed manually, maybe try and see if you can install an older version of the chipset drivers using compatibility mode.

Solution