Question High Temperature at MSI Ventus 3060Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2022
At Idle(0% Usage) My GPU's temperature is 59degree Celcius..and the fans are off..GPU model: MSI Ventus RTX 3060Ti..is it normal or high?

emitfudd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017
I don't like fans off/silent mode on GPU's. I bought an MSI 3080 Gaming Z Trio for my most recent build and it got very hot when running a stress test. I used MSI Afterburner to set a custom fan curve. The fans are always on but I can't ever hear them. My GPU has never gotten above 67C since doing this. It typically stays around 40C or less at idle.

Reactions: nafisIUT
Aug 12, 2022
I don't like fans off/silent mode on GPU's. I bought an MSI 3080 Gaming Z Trio for my most recent build and it got very hot when running a stress test. I used MSI Afterburner to set a custom fan curve. The fans are always on but I can't ever hear them. My GPU has never gotten above 67C since doing this. It typically stays around 40C or less at idle.
can you please share your afterburner settings?

emitfudd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017
The fan curve starts at 30C/30% fan speed. The next slider is set to 70/70 and the third one is set to 90/100. This essentially makes a straight line from 30C to 70C so the fans don't ramp up and down too much. The top of the curve is really just to run the fans at 100% if the GPU gets super hot for some reason. If it gets up to 90C you have problems. LOL.

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
but again my friend GPU MSI Gaming X 3060 stays 37degree at idle(0%usage) fans are off..then why my one is like that?
-Case fan curves
-Case design
-Fan placement
-Apps using graphics hardware acceleration

If it gets that hot you have problems. LOL.
They don't have problems. It's really not unusual for gpu zero rpm modes to see low load temperatures up there.
I think the 0rpm modes are unnecessary for gpus, but oh well...

emitfudd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017
-Case fan curves
-Case design
-Fan placement
-Apps using graphics hardware acceleration

They don't have problems. It's really not unusual for gpu zero rpm modes to see low load temperatures up there.
I think the 0rpm modes are unnecessary for gpus, but oh well...
I meant if the GPU gets up to 90C.

For some reason when my GPU was running at the default 0 rpm mode it got hot and had a horrible time cooling down during a stress test. Having the custom fan curve it never has a chance to heat up. I can game for hours and it never exceeds 67C. Comically that is the exact same max temp my 1080 ti used to run. Same case and cooling setup which is probably why.

emitfudd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017
Looking at the specs for the Ventus 3060ti it says the fans will come on at 60C. I'm guessing the fans are coming on as needed but the OP isn't hearing them because they are pretty quiet at low speed. Still no need of the GPU generating that much heat at idle. I would rather have my fans running at low speed all the time and have cooler case temps.

Like Phaaze said, zero rpm mode for a GPU is unnecessary. I can't see the point in the GPU fans being off unless all the case fans and CPU fans are off too.

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I meant if the GPU gets up to 90C.
OH. Whoops! Sorry.

The concerns over low load temperatures is a bit overblown. There's more factors at play compared to 100% loads, plus 59C is just as good as 80C to the device.
@nafisIUT , as long as you and your buddy sustain load temperatures under 82C, there's really no problem here.
Either some program you're running utilizes a little of the gpu(not enough to turn the fans on), or your case fan setup is working against the passive cooling of the card.
Is this the Ventus 3X or 2X?

Status
Not open for further replies.