Question High temperatures after a lot of time trying to fix

Aug 6, 2020
Hi! I'm new here, made an account to ask this because this website has proven more useful to me than any other tech site. English is my second language so excuse any mistakes ahead.

I'll tell you a my little journey first:

I've had my PC for 4 years now but I've been constantly upgrading it because I started with really entry level stuff, at this particular moment I have a Ryzen 5 3600 paired up with a RTX 2080 Super.

My Issue is that after I put the new graphics card (Months later from getting the Ryzen 5 3600), I realized my CPU had really high temperatures while gaming like 82-87°C then I proceeded to change the stock cooler for a Cooler Master 212 Evo Black and I managed go get that to ~72°C but I struggled a lot to get that, even changing thermal paste several times changing the fan position etc.

I think I know what the issue is but I would like to hear from some more experienced people. I have an Aerocool Quartz case with 3 intake fans at the front and 1 exhaust fan at the back it is quite small (bought it before all the other upgrades), maybe that's part of the issue but I think the problem might be the motherboard. I have a Gigabyte B450 DSH3 (I know it probably was a dumb move of me cutting budget on the motherboard) and it's the cheap thing that covers my necessities but I think it's the reason for the overheating. I use my PC for rendering and while doing so, I get temperatures of 65°C tops so my hypothesis is that my monster GPU heats the board and the board heats the CPU, is this possible? Would a change in Motherboard and Case solve this? Or should I just go to water cooling?

I've tried having it open cased and it reduced temperatures to about 66°C but my idle temperature are still about 48°C on my CPU and 43°C on the GPU

I'm thinking of getting one of those nice 570 motherboards with fans in them and/or a bigger case with complete fans in every place. But I need to know if this would solve my problem

Additional info: I live in a warm area with temperatures of 30-40°C throughout the day plus the room I have my PC in is the hottest room in the house, but I really can't move it.

the main problem is your ambient temperature

did you try the max. fan speed of the 212 cooler?

air cooling won´t help in your case, so water cooling is the only thing that could help

the case you have should be fine, as well as the motherboard

you could try undervolting the CPU as well