Question high temps i5 7600k

Nov 14, 2019
Hello, sorry for my English first, I don't speak very well. I am using a Id Cooling se-214 (130w TDP) with deepcol z3 thermal paste (recently applied) and have my idle temps between 42 and 45 celsius. The room temperature is 28/30 celsius. My i5-7600k is not overclocked. The temps when I play:
  • Rainbow Six Siege - around 65 and 69 celsius
  • Battlefield 1 - around 65 and 69 celsius
  • Ark - around 66 and 72 celsius
  • Rust - around 62 and 67 celsius
  • Fortnite - around 58 and 64 celsius

I have two coolers pushing air and two pulling it out of the case.

i think my temps are very high, don't you think? are dangerous temps? What I can do? thanks for your help

CompuTronix

Intel Master
Drokker,

On behalf of Tom's Moderator Team, welcome aboard!

The international "standard" for "normal" ambient (room) temperature is 22°C (72°F). Considering that your ambient temperature is 6 to 8°C above standard, your Core temperatures are acceptable.

Although "Throttle" temperature for your i5-7600K is 100°C, it’s not advisable to run any CPU near its thermal limit, which is why experts all agree that it's prudent to observe a reasonable thermal margin below Throttle temperature. The consensus among well informed and highly experienced system builders, reviewers and overclockers, is that cooler is better for ultimate stability, performance and longevity.

As such, here's the nominal operating range for Core temperature:

Core temperatures above 85°C are not recommended.

Core temperatures below 80°C are ideal.

PdancCI.jpg

Figure 4-2

You have nothing to be concerned about.

Once again, welcome aboard!

CT :sol:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
There's 3 temps to think about.
  1. Outside case ambient
  2. Inside case ambient
  3. Cpu.
With decent airflow, the inside case ambient temps run @ 4-6°C hotter than outside case ambient temp. This is due to motherboard chips, cpu cooler, gpu, drives etc heating up the case. This is important because the cpu cooler isn't using air from outside to cool it, it uses air from inside the case instead, so already has a higher starting point.
Since it's impossible to cool a cpu below ambient temps by mechanical means (you'd need chemical like liquid nitrogen etc) then your cpu at idle will run @ 4-6°C hotter than the case ambient temps.

Iff you add it up, you start at 30°C outside, + 6°C for inside, + 6°C for cpu, your average idle temps should normally be 38°C - 42°C. That's assuming average decent airflow, good fans, efficient cooler etc.

With your temps at 42°C - 45°C, you are just slightly higher than most averages, but not abnormal. The se-214 is a decent budget cooler, but at 130w, it's not quite as good as a hyper212, temps will be a fraction higher. Your fans might not be working the air as well as a better fan might, maybe running a little slow, so there will be differences that can easily account for your temps, but they are by no means dangerous or freakishly high.

Load temps push the cpu into work, and temps rely less on ambient and more on cpu output vs cpu cooler ability. Here your temps are totally normal, considering your i5 vs a 130w cooler.

Basically, you have nothing to worry about, you are well inside Intel operating safe range. If you want lower temps, requires a little bit of experiment on fan speeds, and a better cooler, but neither is necessary to continue gaming safely.

Oh, and no need to apologize for bad English. Your point was perfectly clear and understandable and contained the necessary information. Thank you. It was far better than many posts from people who claim English as their only language 👍