[SOLVED] HIGH TEMPS of Intel 10700

hadiahmed29

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
Hi so basically i started playing Far Cry 5 few days back and i noticed that the red light on my motherboard was getting on and so i knew there was something up with my CPU anyways so i checked the temperatures and it was around 95 to 99 degrees.
it's been 5 6 months since i bought this PC and it's brand new so what do you guys think of it.
also i have a stock cooler but i have played a lot of games recently watch dogs with reshading and many more but this never happened.
Also when i play the game the RGB of my ram changes automatically i don't know what it has to do with it.
and changes back to original as soon as i close the game.

Solution
i have a stock cooler
No more needs to be said. The stock cooler will have the CPU running at close to 100°C just like you are seeing. If you want lower temps, get something a little better than the stock cooler. You do not need an AIO but you need something better than the bare minimum that Intel ships with these CPUs.
use an OSD and watch the temperature as you play multiple games, while it is idling, and while you are just browsing.

usually the processor won't show any sign of overheating until it reaches what you are seeing now.
so if it's been sitting in the 80s all this time your paste may have cooked off some or something similar that is causing the temperature to continue to increase over time.

i would first get a good CPU cooler, these things already run a bit warm and for gaming you definitely do not want to use the stock coolers.

you also need to post your complete system specs along with how your case cooling is setup.

hadiahmed29

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
use an OSD and watch the temperature as you play multiple games, while it is idling, and while you are just browsing.

usually the processor won't show any sign of overheating until it reaches what you are seeing now.
so if it's been sitting in the 80s all this time your paste may have cooked off some or something similar that is causing the temperature to continue to increase over time.

i would first get a good CPU cooler, these things already run a bit warm and for gaming you definitely do not want to use the stock coolers.

you also need to post your complete system specs along with how your case cooling is setup.

Hi i'm attaching a picture of my temps while browsing below.

My specs are

Intel i7 10700
RTX 3080
16 gb Corsair Vengeance
Cooler Master MWE 850 gold
Asus TUF gaming plus Mobo

I remember once i was playing watch dogs and the red light was on that time as well but after i lowered the settings a bit it didn't happen again.
I don't think there is a problem within the processor but i think i need a AIO cooler

The picture
View: https://imgur.com/a/F4kgcP4

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hi so basically i started playing Far Cry 5 few days back and i noticed that the red light on my motherboard was getting on and so i knew there was something up with my CPU anyways so i checked the temperatures and it was around 95 to 99 degrees.
it's been 5 6 months since i bought this PC and it's brand new so what do you guys think of it.
also i have a stock cooler but i have played a lot of games recently watch dogs with reshading and many more but this never happened.
Also when i play the game the RGB of my ram changes automatically i don't know what it has to do with it.
and changes back to original as soon as i close the game.
The stock cooler sux and needs to be upgraded.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQTOz6wXX9U

Reactions: uWebb429