[SOLVED] Higher resolution IPS vs FHD OLED

razkynm

Honorable
Nov 23, 2015
Just to be quick, i want to buy a new laptop
now it comes down to the display that makes me undecided

which is better a higher resolution ips panel display (like 2.2K or 2.8K) vs a FHD 1080P OLED panel?
i never get to see both of the displays directly so i cant really tell their differences

im gonna use it for everyday use and light gaming (dota 2 etc) but mostly for working

thanks in advance!

Solution

which is better a higher resolution ips panel display (like 2.2K or 2.8K) vs a FHD 1080P OLED panel?
i never get to see both of the displays directly so i cant really tell their differences

im gonna use it for everyday use and light gaming (dota 2 etc) but mostly for working

thanks in advance!

OLED screens are pretty, but this technology suffers from the “burn-in” effect. Meaning that all of those static icons and taskbar will remain as ghost images on the screen after a while.
OLED screens are good as TVs, but not good when dealing with static images.

I’d choose the higher resolution IPS one.
After having a high...

razkynm

Honorable
Nov 23, 2015
Depend son who the laptop is coming from since not all panels are sourced the same for each maker of said laptop. Then is the sort of tech used on the panel. So if you will, what laptop's are you looking at?
Sorry for the late respond, my choices are lenovo yoga slim 7pro either the 2.2K or 2.8K vs asus Zenbook UX325EA

Endre

Reputable

thanks in advance!

OLED screens are pretty, but this technology suffers from the “burn-in” effect. Meaning that all of those static icons and taskbar will remain as ghost images on the screen after a while.
OLED screens are good as TVs, but not good when dealing with static images.

I’d choose the higher resolution IPS one.
After having a high resolution screen, you won’t want to go back to FHD.

Solution